• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Shipping Air Rifle .22 to Illinois?

PA &Amazon have both refused shipment to me in Illinois. ( in the past) I just found another dealer who would ship to me. If you're worrying about Illinois rules and regulations, just give them the deed to the house, write them a check for all your assets and sit to DIE. Illinois is a crooked state run by a bunch democrats unwilling to face the REAL gun crime problem!

Sermon is ended, congregation is dismissed. 

shipping usually comes down to the recipient. they are to know any issues of legality. i have restriction in NY as well. but it's limited to NYC only. all other counties are fine. these zip codes are known to companies so they do not violate laws. a private seller would not know rules of restrictions except in their state most likely. the buyer is responsible for knowing restrictions on their purchases. look up areas in illinios that ban pellet gun ownership-chicago city limits i imagine. but rest of state should be fine. good luck

I will do that for sure and thank you for your advice, but I find allot buyers over the years not just in this situation do not take the time or even care and make you out to be the bad guy for trying to do the right thing. I spoke with one of the biggest Vendors here in AZ and i was told that they ship to Illinois all the time regardless of the zip code. 

Steve

I wouldn't tell the shipper what the contents are. There is no requirement to declare an air gun. It's not a firearm. They are likely only going to hear the word "gun" and either refuse to ship it or say you need to be an FFL and/or have it send it to another FFL. That said, if you do declare it, you'll probably have better luck at a UPS or FedEx hub rather than a satellite location. The hub employees tend to be more knowledgeable.

I wouldn't tell the shipper what the contents are. There is no requirement to declare an air gun. It's not a firearm. They are likely only going to hear the word "gun" and either refuse to ship it or say you need to be an FFL and/or have it send it to another FFL. That said, if you do declare it, you'll probably have better luck at a UPS or FedEx hub rather than a satellite location. The hub employees tend to be more knowledgeable.

This is good advice. No one needs to know what you’re shipping.