• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Shipping a air rifle ?

I am having a hard time with Fed X right now. Order shipped from Memphis 8 hrs away from here in LA. only one state to go thru { Miss} went to GA.???now back in MS. where it has been for three days!! Tracking shows it is now in pending status! What the hell does that mean? Called Fed X said due to high volume, shipment delayed. Ain't that just cute!! Shipper was sellers choice , not mine. New tracking now says delivery tomorrow. Will believe it when i see it.

I think one is as bad as another, the degree of incompetence will vary with specific locations. And seriously, some are very good. Pack well and hope for the best. If you want insurance, buy real insurance from a third party, not the "delivery guarantee" the shipper sells, it ain't insurance. I've considered myself self-insured for the last 20 years or so, and have had no casualties. Not a recommendation, just my experience.

UPS delivering out of Tyler, Tx has the habit of if there is an estimated delivery date, holding an item in their teminal if it arrives there early, for several days before delivering. I also the the attempted to deliver quite frequently during the Christmas seasont, even though I will be at home all day. USPS is all over the place, I have three items from overseas that have been in Chicago ISC for over a week, last thewas there 11 days before moving. I ordered an air rifle from CT on Monday of last week and got it here in E Texas the following Wednesday, two days shipping time was outstanding, much better than UPS or Fed Ex on that one.

I have only shipped a couple of airguns and that was via FedEx. No problems.

Having said that, I sent a PB pistol in to the manufacturer for repair (pre-printed. pre-paid FedX label from my end) and FedX actually delivered it to the wrong address. Thankfully, the person at THAT wrong address knew me and delivered the FIREARM to me. However, that was JUST LUCK!

I have a LOT of other *horror* stories about problems with FedX and deliveries to the wrong address. I also have several (non-airgun/firearm related) stories about UPS and USPS concerning deliveries to the wrong address. Thankfully, the *recipient* was always an honest person and hand delivered the package to me.

Long story short, in my case, I have had more problems with FedX than UPS and USPS combined.

Your mileage WILL vary depending on the employees/management of the shipping service in your area... including the USPS.

Shipping an Airguns.
1. Your best bet is use The good old post office. I have found they take better care of package during shipping. 1a. Ups. 1b. FedEx would be my last choice, had nothing but trouble with them. Slow shipping, damage package.
2. Buy a budget gun case to ship gun. Double cardboard boxes can be iffy.
3. Tons of bubble wrap.
4. Lots of prayer, a must.
Screenshot_20220819-071825_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: Keahi