• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Sheridian?

Today I went to the flea market and found a Sheridain .20 rifle. I bought it for what I hope is a fair price.
As usual I have questions.
Trying to research I think it is made in 1981 but not sure . Mine is made os brass.
1 _ what model?
2- How does on find affordable Ammo. On Ebay the prices are crazy. the Pyrimid and Depot don't seem to have any.
3- Anybody have any pellets they don't want maybe I could buy them..
Any futher infomation I would be thankful for.
Thankyou

Reactions: .20calguy
Thanks for the reply.

I live in Statesville. I will find some pellets but after buying the gun I'm broke for a while.
Been watching Youtube trying to learn. Mine says "C= series but no number is present.
I am not a collector but for the purpose of buying parts I thought I should know the vintage.
Also what oil?

If you can post pics, we'll probably figure out the year model. A 50/50 mix of motorcycle fork oil and heavy non-detergent gear oil is good. Mac-1 Airguns sells an excellent lube for these guns.

I'm on the other side of Asheville from you. And I can relate to the broke part. ;)

TMac's is closer to you than anyone that I'm aware of. TMac's Airgun Service | Newton, North Carolina He probably has pellets. Give him a call.

J~

Today I went to the flea market and found a Sheridain .20 rifle. I bought it for what I hope is a fair price.
As usual I have questions.
Trying to research I think it is made in 1981 but not sure . Mine is made os brass.
1 _ what model?
2- How does on find affordable Ammo. On Ebay the prices are crazy. the Pyrimid and Depot don't seem to have any.
3- Anybody have any pellets they don't want maybe I could buy them..
Any futher infomation I would be thankful for.
Thankyou
Congrats on finding a vintage Sheridan Streak, they are great shooters, chances are the piston cup (seal) is leather so it's going to probably need to be oiled, so will the linkage joints, you can use regular household oil (3 in one oil or sewing machine oil) on the piston cup and linkage joints, however the 'O' rings on the bolt probe should get silicon lube.
If your Streak isn't holding air when you pump it up try using about 10 or so drops of oil in the slot that the piston rides in and let it sit over night, also when you're done shooting always put a couple of pumps of air in the gun before putting it away, it will help the seal keep it's shape.
For .20 caliber pellets try Trenier Air Guns or Trenier Outdoors, they have several brands of 5mm (.20 cal.) pellets and their prices are ten bucks cheaper than the competition (who don't have any anyway).
My streak likes H&N field target trophy and Baracuda pellets.
Trenier ships fast and has great customer service, I've purchased .20 cal. and .177 cal. pellets several times in the last 60 days from them and got great service and the pellets were very well packaged in foam lines envelops in a form fitting box.

Happy shooting.

Reactions: maxtrouble
Direct link to the JSB 13.73 pellets at Trenier. Jeff is a great guy and provides stellar service not to mention best pricing anywhere:
H&N will be a little harder, but as long as it's been since retailers got their last batches in, they should be getting more fairly soon so just keep watching them.

Reactions: maxtrouble
It is funny to me, I have five Racine Sheridan rifles and a pistol along with a Benjamin sheridan 5mm that I have never ordered pellets for. Bought seven of the yellow boxes of Sheridan pellets at a gun show several years ago. Gave each of my boys a box each. Last order from Pyramid Air was for four tins of JSB 15.89 .22 pellets. Did not pay much attention when I received the order, but a few weeks later opened one tin to shoot in my P-rod. Accuracy was poor. Turns out, two of the tins received from PA were marked 15.89 .20/5mm. I will never run out of Sheridan size pellets as I very seldom shoot the Sheridans. At 83, I'll be dead and the three sons will probably never run out either.

Darn, talking about the Sheridan has me wanting to pull one of them out of the safe and shooting it, Maybe one of the Silver Streaks and the CO2 pistol.

i am sooooo jealous . a streak is on my list for the air gun show in Findley oh
Pretty sure I need a Blue one to go with my Silver so I have the pair. Got mine from a winning Gunbroker bid. Everyone should own one :)
SS left side.jpg

trying to think of just one subject at a time here , usually about 3 different things going on in there .
Mr. dv8 there has tried a couple times to get me to part with my Silver Streak. Not gonna happen :ROFLMAO: . Spotless 1973 that's never been tinkered with and still shoots like new 50 years later :)

• Haha
Reactions: Treefrog
I bought mine in 72, and shoot it often. I sent it to Tim @ Mac1 airguns for a steroid job, and some repairs.
In the meantime a Siverstreak pops up on FB Marketplace that was so badly damaged that I got it for 40% of the asking price. I did my first valve job on it, but the major work is going to involve brass soldering. It's also a 72, that I've nick named (Dumpster Queen).
Then an antique (Straight Bolt-Slim Forearm) came up for sale in non functioning condition. I ordered it, received it, pulled it out, and had it shooting in 45 minutes. I had Dumpster Queen disassembled, and did a quick pump plunger exchange and that did the trick. That one turned out to be a 1955 model, and it shoots great
The plunger in that 55 is rubber, with adjustability.
To age Sheridans I found a web site that discusses the years of design changes that helps to figure it out
I can't find at the moment, Ill repost it when I do.

I bought mine in 72, and shoot it often. I sent it to Tim @ Mac1 airguns for a steroid job, and some repairs.
In the meantime a Siverstreak pops up on FB Marketplace that was so badly damaged that I got it for 40% of the asking price. I did my first valve job on it, but the major work is going to involve brass soldering. It's also a 72, that I've nick named (Dumpster Queen).
Then an antique (Straight Bolt-Slim Forearm) came up for sale in non functioning condition. I ordered it, received it, pulled it out, and had it shooting in 45 minutes. I had Dumpster Queen disassembled, and did a quick pump plunger exchange and that did the trick. That one turned out to be a 1955 model, and it shoots great
The plunger in that 55 is rubber, with adjustability.
To age Sheridans I found a web site that discusses the years of design changes that helps to figure it out
I can't find at the moment, Ill repost it when I do.

This is the first place that I found Sheridan dating info, at the end of the article.