• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Sheridan worth?

They all do IMO. Many sellers today are looking to get ten times the amount run-of-the-mill Sheridans sold for new in the mid 1970's.

In comparison:

In 1974 or 1975 I got a new Blue Streak on sale for $32. The MSRP was $36. Today sellers are asking for $300 and up (10x) for really nice Blue Streaks.

In 1975 a Beeman HW35e retailed for $139. MSRP today is $659 or 4.75 times, but a new HW35e can land on your doorstep for $525 or 3.75 times the '75 MSRP and nice used HW35's can be had for less (I recently had a beautiful finger groove 35e in nearly like-new condition put in my hands for $400).

Even the discontinued and coveted HW55M, which had an MSRP of $198 in 1975 can be purchased in really nice condition for 3 or 4 times the '75 MSRP.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoCalAirrifles
I read recently somewhere here that certain models of Sheridan fetch crazy prices on the auction site? What models would those be?
It is the ones in Near perfect/Mint condition that bring the big money. That extra bit of nice, triples the price.
Sheridan has a huge and loyal following of "collectors", I had 200+ of them before blowing up that auction site with dozens of mint perfect examples.
I did well...
D

Reactions: Elgreco
It's the Sheridan model A and model B that are going for crazy money these days. I don't know why.

J~

It's because those two Sheridans are rightly considered the Crown Jewels of any serious collector of vintage American airguns. The Model A (Supergrade) is the finest American multi-pump ever produced. The Model B was Sheridan's attempt to reach more buyers with some production cost-cutting measures without sacrificing performance.

The reason the "cheaper" Model B now sells for similar prices is because it was produced in HALF the quantity as the A; so may be even rarer today than it's higher-quality sibling. About 2000 Model As were produced, 1000 Model Bs.

The only multi-pump production rifles approaching the quality of those Sheridan GEMS were Japanese built... naturally!

It's because those two Sheridans are rightly considered the Crown Jewels of any serious collector of vintage American airguns. The Model A (Supergrade) is the finest American multi-pump ever produced. The Model B was Sheridan's attempt to reach more buyers with some production cost-cutting measures without sacrificing performance.

The reason the "cheaper" Model B now sells for similar prices is because it was produced in HALF the quantity as the A; so may be even rarer today than it's higher-quality sibling. About 2000 Model As were produced, 1000 Model Bs.

The only multi-pump production rifles approaching the quality of those Sheridan GEMS were Japanese built... naturally!
I have a very old Blue Streak. How can I tell which model mine is?

If there are itty-bitty numbers on the left side of the receiver near the loading port, that will tell you the year/month of manufacture. They're printed in reverse order. If there are screws holding the rear sight to the barrel, that's another clue.

Post some pictures so we can narrow it down.

J~
There are no numbers by the loading port and there are no screws holding the rear sight. There are numbers on the left side which I assume is the serial no. (039610).

According to this it's an early seventies gun.

(April 1971) 1972 - Two changes. Stamped Serial numbers introduced ( 000001 - 025650).

(Apr 1972). Hole in bolt handle made shallow (1972–1974) 1973 - No changes. Serial numbers ( 025651 - 060550)

1974 - No changes. Serial numbers ( 060551 - 100780) 1975 - One change. Serial numbers ( 100780 - 141460). Hole in bolt handle eliminated.

J~

According to this it's an early seventies gun.

(April 1971) 1972 - Two changes. Stamped Serial numbers introduced ( 000001 - 025650).

(Apr 1972). Hole in bolt handle made shallow (1972–1974) 1973 - No changes. Serial numbers ( 025651 - 060550)

1974 - No changes. Serial numbers ( 060551 - 100780) 1975 - One change. Serial numbers ( 100780 - 141460). Hole in bolt handle eliminated.

J~
Thank you Treefrog. Those years seem about right. It was given to me by a friend while in High School. I graduated in 1973.
Oh...it does have the hole in the bolt handle.