Sheridan Sheridan storage

2 pumps in all of my pumpers
IMG_0674.jpeg
IMG_0631.jpeg
IMG_0541.jpeg
IMG_0703.jpeg

To expand on previous post about how my Dad was not keeping a few pumps in gun. It made me realize that I haven't seen his gun in a while and not sure how he stored it since he shot it last and before he passed away in 2015 I went down to parents house and dug into the gun safe to find it. Not surprised but sad that I found the gun in poor condition and not holding any air. I took it home with me last weekend and got online to find and order me a repair kit. As I was doing that I also looked up any Youtube vids showing me how to do such repair as I have never done it before. As I searched I came apon a video showing a process called alcohol flush. So i figured WTH I can't break it anymore than it is now, so I'll give it a try. Followed closely to instructed in video lbut not exactly and let it soak for day. Picked it up next day and tried cocking it and all kinds of black sludge came pooring out. Luckily I was in my garage and it spilled on mats as that was some nasty stuff and left some good stains. Gun still would not hold air, so I tried again with a good soak and waited a day. Viola to my surprise after another gush of gunk coming out it was cocking and holding air. I have dry fired it now atleast 20 times and I am still getting nothing but black gunk coming out. I guess I shouldn't be surprised on build up of dirt, oil and lead can do to a gun that is almost 50 years old. Anyways sorry for the long post but this actually worked and thought I would share. I do have reseal kits on the way whenever either mine or pops 342 decides to poop the bed again.
P.S. now that it functions I am going to go ahead and refinish the stock with some Truoil as I did with my gun recently.

Reactions: pan60