Sheridan Silver Streak

Wow - schweet rebuild! One of my little brother's friends had one, the hold down safety version, and he let us use it all the time. I later on bought one, used it for years, but it was stolen out of the backseat of my '63 Galaxy 500 after a fishing trip.

Let us know how it does with some modern projectiles when you can.
They shoot excellent.
This is in the neighborhood of fifty shots, at 80 feet, with H&N Baracuda's.

20230303_174532.jpg

Reactions: Simplemann
Just thought I would post up a cpl pics of a Sheridan, Silver Streak for any of you Sheridan fans.
I acquired this from the wife of a friend of mine that pasted away a few months back.
I remember this rifle sitting in the shop for the last 20yrs just collecting dust (while we shot his 392) since it didn't work.
Once I picked it up, figured out what it was, I had to see if I could rebuild it.
Near as I can figure, its a 1954-1957 Sheridan Silver Streak that is actually in very good condition.
I ended up converting to an adjustable pump rod, machined a new multi ported exhaust valve and replaced the typical worn parts.
I think the only thing it is missing is the pad that snaps onto the top of the barrel to grab when pumping up (if these early ones even came with them).
It now pumps up, holds air and shoots really well with the few old Sheridan pellets I found. It turned out so well I ended up refinishing the stock set as well.View attachment 300936View attachment 300937View attachment 300938
Anyways, hope you enjoy
What's an adjustable pump rod?

Reactions: .20calguy