Shelden compressor died, (Help)

After eleven trouble free years my Shelden compressor started smoking , May be just the front pulley bearing , I will check into it and see what I can do, But in the meantime I am looking at some new compressors, 3000 to 3500 seems doable , But I sure am going to hate to drop 5000 on the ultimate Alkin one,,
If mine is not fixable . I am open to suggestions .
I got my three great whites filled up so I have a little time,
Mike

The E-5K2 is currently out of stock at GX Pump, but you can check out the specs and be notified when they are available. They are at the level of an Alvin, but as Mike pointed out, they are a great compressor and would be a good back-up if you get yours working agin.

Also, if you order direct from GX Pump, you can use their 10% off coupon (GX10OFF) and save another $170.00, they ship for free and typically don't charge sale tax, which would be an additional savings depending upon your location!

Thanks guys, Going to pull the pulley off and have the bearing replaced and see if that fixes it, I am looking at the CX line, When I bought my Shelden compressor only dive shops sold compressors starting at 5000 bucks, Times change, I am in the sport pretty hard I have 10 PCPs and the cheapest one was 1,500 bucks so I am in deep, That's rifles, Five pistols I guess don't count..
Mike

Reactions: anonymous_.457
I called Mr. Shelden himself, Very good guy, He is retired now , He said it sounded like the cam jumped or broke , So long story short
I have a lot of money tied up in my guns and tanks I am not going to mess around with the china junk, Spending big money (to me) and crying until I start filling my tanks then I will smile a little , ALKIN here I come.
Mike

The Alkin people are really good to deal with, Looks like I get off the hook for a cool 4300 bucks, There went my new gun and other toys, Oh well I have three great white tanks full sitting in my office, I just didn't want to wait until the last minute to chase air down and it would suck sitting with all my guns and no air.
I will let everyone know and rate the Alkin .
In the sport a little deeper.
Mike