• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Sharing a Cricket 2 Tactical "unadvertised" feature.

Owning a Vulcan 3 and a Cricket 2 Tactical at the same time has been educational. One of the huge selling points of the new Vulcan 3 design is that the air tube can be flipped to create a much larger plenum volume. As I received both airguns and was learning them within the same week or so I found a very strong similarity between the air tube design.

Namely is was the placement of these three breather holes:

C2TPowerPlenum - 3.1647628878.jpeg

Looking closer at the setup of the regulator and the small shelf inside the tube:

C2TPowerPlenum - 2.1647628917.jpeg

C2TPowerPlenum - 1.1647628947.jpeg

So I flipped the regulator around:

C2TPowerPlenum - 4.1647628964.jpeg

Re-assembled and aired back up. Before the large plenum flip I was getting around 860 max with .22 JSB 25gr redesign. After the plenum flip I'm getting 880 easily and looks to be a little bit more available.

Now that's what I'm talking about!! :D

Owning a Vulcan 3 and a Cricket 2 Tactical at the same time has been educational. One of the huge selling points of the new Vulcan 3 design is that the air tube can be flipped to create a much larger plenum volume. As I received both airguns and was learning them within the same week or so I found a very strong similarity between the air tube design.

Namely is was the placement of these three breather holes:

C2TPowerPlenum - 3.1647628878.jpeg

Looking closer at the setup of the regulator and the small shelf inside the tube:

C2TPowerPlenum - 2.1647628917.jpeg

C2TPowerPlenum - 1.1647628947.jpeg

So I flipped the regulator around:

C2TPowerPlenum - 4.1647628964.jpeg

Re-assembled and aired back up. Before the large plenum flip I was getting around 860 max with .22 JSB 25gr redesign. After the plenum flip I'm getting 880 easily and looks to be a little bit more available.

Now that's what I'm talking about!! :D

I saw a mfg video showing that feature. I thought it was super smart to do it factory since you know people would have done it aftermarket.