• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Shane at Airguns of Arizona

I’ve had varied experiences with AOA. When some things didn’t seem to work out as I’d hoped they would regarding different purchases or situations I still received good service from the staff. There have been a couple of times where I didn’t receive a callback when I was assured that I would, but when I call I’m usually speaking to someone that day. When I leave voicemails the overwhelming majority of the time I get called back the same day. When I email, the greater majority of the time I receive a timely response. I watch videos and interviews with their staff on YouTube and see that they’re present at events like the Shot Show or EBR. I read what many of you say about your experiences with them on AGN. I sometimes call AOA and sit in queue waiting to speak to a representative around their opening hours. I see how they sponsor events and giveaways and I realize just how busy this business is. They import air rifles, parts, accessories, ammo, etc. from various foreign countries and distribute them to us. In doing so there’s a decent amount of redtape dealing with customs and duties (taxes). All of this goes on and I can still say that I have received satisfactory service. 

With that said, Shane whom I believe manages the service department, has treated me exceptionally well. I’m not talking about once or twice. I mean this has been consistent since my first purchase. People there make mistakes, get busy, and sometimes drop the ball. He has gone out of his way to help when hiccups have occurred as well as others. What I’m most thankful for is Shane’s patience. There is a lot that I don’t know about when it comes to the intricacies of my own airguns that is probably common knowledge to him and the AOA service staff. Yet he still takes time to communicate things to me in a way that I can understand. He’s asked for photos and shared photos with me to be sure he understands what I’m asking and I’m clear on what’s needed or needs to be done. I honestly never expected that level of personal service. I think it’s great and he deserves to recognized for it. 

In sum, are these folks perfect and beyond reproach? No. If you have issues with their products or services reach out to them. Sometimes I think it helps when you are more persistent about resolving an issue than other times. At least this has been my personal experience. At times I’ve been a little nitpicky, but I wasn’t treated too differently for it. As with most people, respect goes a long way. I respectfully ask things of them and they respectfully decline or comply. This is not to invalidate any members who have had less than satisfactory experiences with this person or this business. What I do aim to do in this post is to highlight Shane as individual employee to recognize and thank him for exceptional service in my dealings with him. Thank you Shane. 

I wish AOA would put all their products on the website and stop telling people you need to call to order. I like to do business with AOA but I don't like to speak on the phone.

Edit: I should've been more clear. I emailed to inquire when .30 cal Zan slugs would be in stock. AOA replied 10 days, call to setup a preorder. 22 days later they are not on the website and others have told me the same... it's not on their website you have to call to order.

I don't understand the mentality of those decisions.

They lost a sale on a rifle a while back. The gun I wanted was not listed on their website, when in fact they did have it in stock. I purchased an alternate rifle from a different vendor. A couple days after I ordered the alternate choice from the other vendor, I called AOA about something else, and asked about the gun I initially wanted. They told me they have them, they are just not on the website. That was 3 months ago, and it is still not online. How do you sell something that you keep a secret?

They lost a sale on a rifle a while back. The gun I wanted was not listed on their website, when in fact they did have it in stock. I purchased an alternate rifle from a different vendor. A couple days after I ordered the alternate choice from the other vendor, I called AOA about something else, and asked about the gun I initially wanted. They told me they have them, they are just not on the website. That was 3 months ago, and it is still not online. How do you sell something that you keep a secret?

@boogermeister In addition to being online retailers they have a brick-and-mortar store. So I imagine that they sell them in store if it isn’t listed immediately online. That’s conjecture on my part, I really don’t know. What I do know is that Shane has consistently gone above and beyond to assist me. 

Dave, I totally agree on Shane being top notch!

43E15D65-09B1-4625-BF85-894A12CD22C9.1646023312.jpeg