Setting up Redwolf Safari for slugs

I have a .22 Safari with the ART poly barrel, but I had a LW .22 normal 12 groove barrel lying around, so I cut the choke off, only about 15mm, and crowned the end again, then machined the barrel to fit the action. I also fitted a Heliboard to be able to get the tune I want. I on purpose did not fit a shroud around the barrel so that I can make a barrel tuner that I can move around on the barrel. I think trying to use a barrel tuner on a shroud you will be chasing your tail most of the time.

Not much testing yet, initially it was a shotgun with 22 and 26 grainers with the tuner about 120mm from the end of the barrel. I moved it right up to the moderator and the group closed up unbelievably to around 20mm CTC for 5 shots at 25m just before darkness caught me. This next week I am going to stretch the legs to 50, 75 and 100m. The speed I am running at the moment is around 960-975fps. Of course with the Heliboard I can run any speed, there are 12 settings and at the moment I am getting that speed on setting 8 at 90V

I would really like to hear from you guys with lots of experience what I could do to improve my accuracy, what is the ideal speed to run with a set-up like this? I think playing with the position of the barrel tuner will also be key if the little testing I did was anything to go by.