• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Set it and forget it

I did try that option in the past. No more.
I have one gun for one caliber.

Less retuning=more fun

JMOO

Yep, found that out today. Had a few slugs, Knockouts and Javelins 40 and 44. Only slug that really worked was the Javelin 44. Too much tuning jumping around. If I would get an extra gun, it would be an Impact .25. Have read a few post today and the bad luck of buying tons of slugs in .25 and some not getting good results. I think I'll stop here.

So it's going to stay a pellet gun, FX and JSB's. Still have the barrel kit in .30, which does shoot Javelin slugs and FX pellets really good. .25 is fun to shoot, less use of air and accurate. I'll machine an extra IHS on my Mill and keep the .25 set as is, then swap in the .30 barrel when I need the extra kick. Then install the IHS I machined and keep it set for the .30 slugs and pellets.

Reactions: Bravo1956
Well, I did it :)

Since July this WC .30 has been very impressive. Bought the .25 barrel kit a few weeks later and it's rockin' as well. So I've been wondering if I could set the IHS for slugs and pellets and just change the Power Wheel up or down. I could, but....

Tried the slug and pellet option in the .25 but was too much adjusting, changing settings, screw in, screw out. So I figured if I had an extra IHS I could just swap a pre-set IHS in for the .30 and one for the .25. Which I really will only use the .30 for hunting bigger game anyways. The .25 has proven to be the best all around backyard friendly hunter.

Being a retired Machinist, just getting the Stainless and some time on the Mill, I could make a few IHS and some extras. Once I have all the speeds for slugs/pellets figured out, I just measured the screw height and set it with blue loctite.

Set it and forget it.

When swapping barrels all I need to do now is change reg pressures and swap in the correct pre-set IHS.

IHS Aug 16 2023.jpg