• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Set a new world record today 306 … and shattered that record again 451 and AGAIN ... 540!

They roost above the cows, poop on the cows and in the cows feed. It’s sickening and I would not eat those winged rats nor drink the cows milk. It’s just plain gross.
Well to each his own. I wish I could come and take them off your hands. I am sure the farmer would appreciate having them hauled off. I am afraid that the drive would make it more effort than it is worth. :)

Well to each his own. I wish I could come and take them off your hands. I am sure the farmer would appreciate having them hauled off. I am afraid that the drive would make it more effort than it is worth. :)
When we began hunting at this permission, the dairy owner told us how to dispose of the birds. All he wants is pest control, which we are happy to provide. Neither of us are interested in eating the birds, so they all end up in the sludge pit and eventually become liquid fertilizer for the fields surrounding the dairy.

Well we went back today and started out slow. I honestly thought we had no chance of breaking the record we set last week of 451 pigeons. Well, was I ever wrong? I have a hunch that this new record is going to stand for a long time. We dropped 540 pigeons today in 4 hours!

I’ve got some videos but they don’t load the same way as images? I need a tutorial… or some help.

When I shoot my buddy’s feed lot he told me not to worry about cleaning up the birds we shoot. Sorry, can’t do that. We retrieve all that we safely can. Nothing that falls into the bull’s paddock is even attempted to be retrieved. He raises Angus beef cows and they are odd animals. One day they are pretty sedate and others I wont get into the pen with them.
As for eating them? Not a chance. These feathered rats hang out all day just waiting for the feed truck to lay out the feed in the bunks. What do they do while waiting? Muck around in the manure picking delicacies out of the poop.
I would eat a pigeon that lived out in the country away from any cattle feeding operation. No way in hell I am eating a turd sifter though.

When I shoot my buddy’s feed lot he told me not to worry about cleaning up the birds we shoot. Sorry, can’t do that. We retrieve all that we safely can. Nothing that falls into the bull’s paddock is even attempted to be retrieved. He raises Angus beef cows and they are odd animals. One day they are pretty sedate and others I wont get into the pen with them.
As for eating them? Not a chance. These feathered rats hang out all day just waiting for the feed truck to lay out the feed in the bunks. What do they do while waiting? Muck around in the manure picking delicacies out of the poop.
I would eat a pigeon that lived out in the country away from any cattle feeding operation. No way in hell I am eating a turd sifter though.
We know what you mean. Until you have seen the environment caused by these birds, eating them is the furthest thing from your mind. If a bird falls in the main aisle, the owner wants us to toss them in with the cows.

We know what you mean. Until you have seen the environment caused by these birds, eating them is the furthest thing from your mind. If a bird falls in the main aisle, the owner wants us to toss them in with the cows.
Here are some pics and a video from today’s hunt. Not our best day, but 271 birds isn’t too shabby.
680ABB2A-275D-405E-AE2D-FE4ED5E110FA.jpeg
15822027-EC2A-45A5-9488-ECDE66A26180.jpeg

Welllllllll, surprisingly well. This is my first time out hunting with it. Yesterday I sighted it in at 25Y with CPHPs @705 FPS, printed my dope sheet, taped it to my stock and my holdovers were spot on today. I think my longest shot today was 60Y. I had 2 misses today which surprised me because CPHPs haven’t been the most predicable pellets in my other rifles as there is always a fair number of fliers. This is probably the first rifle that I have owned that is this dependable with CPHPs.

So far I only have two complaints:

1) Shot count is low, 3 mags before it falls off the reg. I am used to shooting rifles that can go at least 60 shots before needing air. When we hunt at the dairy there are a LOT of targets to engage and it’s a pain to stop every 30 shots for air and to fill mags.

However, my buddy hunts with a P-rod and he gets about the same number of shots too so we can take a break together to air up and fill mags. He turned me on to these light weight collapsible seats that we are both packing with us. It’s a perfect place to fill mags, air up and take a break.

2047B4D0-58B1-4B45-8E69-25CE99A7DE24.png

2) The safety lever edges are sharp. It was cold today and it made my cold fingers sore flipping the safety lever. It would be nice to see those edges softened and radiused a bit. Perfect two stage trigger for hunting. Just a tad over a lb out of the box.

On the plus side is it’s low weight (6# scoped) compared to 10-12# with my other compact hunters. We walked 3.2 miles today and I don’t feel nearly as tired as I have in the past.

Another plus is stellar accuracy. I equipped it with a Donny FL Tanto moderator which made it very stealthy.

We set another world record today but unfortunately we didn’t have the foresight to record the number of “Two-fers” that we had. A Two-fer is when two pigeons are side be side, we both draw a bead on them, I count 3, 2, 1 and pop, we drop two at the same time. We usually get a half dozen Two-fers each hunt but today it was at least twice that. It was really fun.

Last edited:
Yep, loving the Atomic Luis. Thanks for taking the time in PMs to answer my questions and push me over the edge to buying one! It works great and it shoots the CPHPs pretty darn good which was one of my goals with this rifle. We made our weekly trip to the dairy today and only bagged 59 pigeons. I had two misses and attributed both to the notable CPHP random unexpected flier syndrome.

3862E8B8-184A-4EE2-8481-BE64BA9F7A4A.jpeg
7B33ABD1-B3A1-4D2E-9CEE-BF5C10B349B4.jpeg

Reactions: L.Leon