• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Set a new world record today 306 … and shattered that record again 451 and AGAIN ... 540!

That's mind boggling! Your buddies hydration pack shows how much dedication you guys have--Not even time to take a water break:ROFLMAO:
We both wear hydration CamelBaks that we converted to carry our air tanks. We rigged up some harnesses to hang our rifles from the same CamelBak shoulder straps which works great to distribute the weight of our gear. We wear fanny packs (well belly packs) to carry our mags and pellets in as well as a few Little Hotties hand warmer kits for when its really cold. 4 Hours of hunting is all we can take these days when its in the 20s and 30s here. We are both in our mid 60's so its just nice to be able to get out and walk around, get some exercise, fellowship and blast birdz together.

It's too bad that you can't get on the same angle as the beams run, only against the outside end and then pin the targets to the cross runners etc.
I would have a Ninja tethered air line from the bottle to the rifle, and several
lots of spare mags, or have a mag loading boys etc............
Very nice shooting, have you tried wad cutter pellets, since you not shooting that far?
What calibers are you shootings
Thanks

We are both shooting 22s. He is using CPHPs in his P-Rod and it’s dropping them like flies. I’m using 18s in a Taipan Shorty tuned down to 727 Which works great at 30y+. Any closer and misses go through the roof. We both shoot off of Primos tripod trigger sticks which gives us a very solid hold to shoot from.

Thats a good idea about using a Ninja reg tethered to the tank. I’m going to have to look into that. Thanks!

I shoot tethered from my Scott SCBA tank with a Ninja 4500 psi reg down to a 3000psi reg set point and then to my QB 79 - 22 cal for my starling setup, LOTS OF SHOTS............LOL
Use the longest line possible, I also have a back pack set up for the Pony tanks, when chasing sage bunnies.
On the reg from the SCBA tank, I use my reg tester jig, only 3" long, then a longer line to the gun, less air wasted when shutting down etc.
HTH's

What do you do with all the pigeons after the cull ?, do you eat some of them ?, i love pigeon haven’t had one for ages i bet its almost a PIA having to collect them all afterwards?…..
Owner told us to toss any that fall into the main aisle in with the cattle. They have equipment that cleans the cattle pens and all waste (birds included) is pushed into a sludge pit and retention pond. We don't eat any, we just provide the owner pest removal for letting us shoot there.

Did the cows eat the pigeons in order to produce milk with more protein?
No they don’t eat them. If one falls into their feed they will just push it out of the way with their nose. I think the cows might be afraid of them. Last hunt one dropped into a rowdy bunch of Elsie’s and they freaked out and started mooing and prancing like crazy. I thought that pigeon was going to cause a stampede.

Owner told us to toss any that fall into the main aisle in with the cattle. They have equipment that cleans the cattle pens and all waste (birds included) is pushed into a sludge pit and retention pond. We don't eat any, we just provide the owner pest removal for letting us shoot there.
Hey buddy, glad to see you chime in here and share the fun.

Hey guys, this is my hunting buddy @reiffra945 I have been talking about. We are planning our next hunting trip to the dairy on Tuesday so we will try to post a few more pictures of our fun adventures.

No they don’t eat them. If one falls into their feed they will just push it out of the way with their nose. I think the cows might be afraid of them. Last hunt one dropped into a rowdy bunch of Elsie’s and they freaked out and started mooing and prancing like crazy. I thought that pigeon was going to cause a stampede.
I know cows do not eat them. Pigs can eat everything.

Reactions: dgeesaman
Hey buddy, glad to see you chime in here and share the fun.

Hey guys, this is my hunting buddy @reiffra945 I have been talking about. We are planning our next hunting trip to the dairy on Tuesday so we will try to post a few more pictures of our fun adventures.
Looking forward to the next hunt. 1,259 birds in 4 trips is pretty amazing.

Reactions: moodyblues
I've noticed the same reaction at my barn permission when a pigeon goes down & flaps a bit or takes a few steps before expiring . Kind of funny . They don't seem to be too concerned about the rats , a few sniffs & they lose interest.

Man that sure looks like 12 fpe springer country. You'd do well with something like a HW30 or HW50 in that environment. You would find it won't penetrate the bird and the roof with body shots.

Please register my extreme envy. I hope you are taking some of those home to the freezer. They are eating the same thing the cows are eating and will be healthy and clean.

Last edited:
Reactions: john8