Service parts for Hill EC3000

Going back a few months, I've seen several requests for info on parts availability for the Hill compressor. Go the the Hill website and click on top store item "Electric air compressor". You will be immediately be presented with the EC 3000 and service parts for the same, presented in kit form. Each kit seems to differ in the number of seals, filters, etc. contained. The kits range from 67 to 180 UK pds. (which is about 10/7 the US $ value), meaning 100 UK pds ~ US $140. Shipping is about US $40 to the U.S. Having at least the minimal kit on hand is comforting. I routinely do this for big ticket specialty items when such an option is presented.

Two other points: Shipping is added at checkout, but is offset when the VAT (UK value added tax) is subtracted; also, since shipping is necessarily high, human economic nature kicks in and factors the marginal cost, and you may spend more than you intended, i.e., I bought a larger service kit than I will probably ever use.

This option to purchase on-line a service kit for the EC 3000 may have been created recently. Combined with the on-line in depth service videos, normal and not unexpected wear problems should be user fixable, especially after warranty is expired. As for potential peculiar failures such as temperature sensors, pressure sensors, electronic circuitry - hope someone is there then to respond to emails. Recent postings on this formum about Hill responses to EC3000 problems have so far been positive.

JE, reporting from the Cascadia Subduction Zone