Seriously? Raw hm1000x

I just got a new Raw hm1000x Blue laminate .25. Just got is all set with an Arken 5-25x56 and a Impulse Air 1325 moderator. I shot 5 Magazines and all of a sudden the pellet probe is just flopping around loose. WTF? Is the fix for this tightening the little grub screws? I can’t find an allen wrench that small in my tools. I’ll have to pick one up.
My first PCP was the $299 Gauntlet when it first came out and I’ve never had an issue with it, but a $2000 gun and I’m searching the internet for a fix after 60 pellets. Frustrating.

I just got a new Raw hm1000x Blue laminate .25. Just got is all set with an Arken 5-25x56 and a Impulse Air 1325 moderator. I shot 5 Magazines and all of a sudden the pellet probe is just flopping around loose. WTF? Is the fix for this tightening the little grub screws? I can’t find an allen wrench that small in my tools. I’ll have to pick one up.
My first PCP was the $299 Gauntlet when it first came out and I’ve never had an issue with it, but a $2000 gun and I’m searching the internet for a fix after 60 pellets. Frustrating.
Just the opposite of my experience with a Gauntlet and a Crown.
That is a bummer. I hope its a simple fix for you.

I believe the hex screw is 1.5mm from recollection. That grub screw controls the sealing pressure of rubber button against the barrel. I'm sure there is an easy fix to be had.

Jerry

I believe the hex screw is 1.5mm from recollection. That grub screw controls the sealing pressure of rubber button against the barrel. I'm sure there is an easy fix to be had.

Jerry
I’m pretty sure it’s a machine steel to steel sealing surface with no rubber. At least the 3 HM1000X’s that I owned were that way, unless something has changed in the latest iterations?

Note from Martin: No oring on probe/barrel. The tolerance is that good.

Screenshot_20230608_203539_Samsung Internet.jpg

20230417_150116.jpg

In some of the older versions of the probe, there was also a grub screw to lock the probe length adjustment thread in place.
But these days all that’s used is locktight.

There is no oring or rubber seals in the raw probe assembly. Simple tight machining to seal the air out of the inner probe. And the steel on steel tapered seal at the breach.

Imo, the best probe assembly I’ve used or seen in an air gun. Always the same, no scraping or scratching…it just feels good. That snap…when it goes home..just awesome.

Reactions: cavedweller
Just a follow up. I contacted RAW and sent them pics and a video.
They got back to me right away. Great customer service. Problem is the the Bolt stem base is bent causing it to stick in the bolt. Basically the little pin that pushed the pellet into the gun is slightly bent. Raw is sending a new part. Easy fix. Thanks to all that commented.

Just a follow up. I contacted RAW and sent them pics and a video.
They got back to me right away. Great customer service. Problem is the the Bolt stem base is bent causing it to stick in the bolt. Basically the little pin that pushed the pellet into the gun is slightly bent. Raw is sending a new part. Easy fix. Thanks to all that commented.
Don’t throw out the old pin…can easily be straightened.
That being said, if that pin bends it will jam up the probe inner and outer movement.
It shouldn’t make the whole probe assembly fall out of the carrier…

Reactions: cavedweller