• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Serious problem with my dreamline

Hello

I have a dreampup .30 cal with power plenum, since the pp installation i started to check the pellet speed with a Chrono, but noticed that i cant rise the pellet (44.75 gr)speed, the pressure at reg is 135bar, and power adjuster with grub screw full, one click below max, any change on this setting upper or lower the fps falls

I purchased the gun new just installed the power plenum and checked the speed with chrono, did not know of this problem was before because i did not have the cronograph, my firts day of tuning was 700 fps, 650 the second day, and today the speed is 580fps cant get more speed, i really appreciated where to start or what could be damaged

Thanks

Seems like low reg pressure for a .30 Dreamline...Mine is 150 bar with hammer spring set one turn back from max and am averaging 844 with 44.75 JSB pellets...

Man that's a tough one...The plenum really is just an air tube extension so just adds volume and shouldn't cause any issues really...

I wonder if your reg is bad....really can only be that or the hammer either hitting the valve to hard with the reg pressure to low or the hammer not hitting hard enough to open the valve if the reg pressure is to high...

No leaks anywhere I would assume....Maybe pull the reg and check it as a place to start....

Seems like low reg pressure for a .30 Dreamline...Mine is 150 bar with hammer spring set one turn back from max and am averaging 844 with 44.75 JSB pellets...

Man that's a tough one...The plenum really is just an air tube extension so just adds volume and shouldn't cause any issues really...

I wonder if your reg is bad....really can only be that or the hammer either hitting the valve to hard with the reg pressure to low or the hammer not hitting hard enough to open the valve if the reg pressure is to high...

No leaks anywhere I would assume....Maybe pull the reg and check it as a place to start....

Thanks for your reply, I tried 150bar up to 160 and gets worse, seems like something in the hammer, so far i disassembled the power adjuster body and found the grub screw (the one that holds the hammer adjuster) very loose, I thought that it was the solution or could help but its not.

Searching in internet i found that there are two different hammer weight

This is the one that i have

Screenshot_20200918_185845.1600474459.jpg

This is the one that i should have

Screenshot_20200918_185907.1600474501.jpg

Could this be the problem?

I measured my spring and is correct

Screenshot_20200918_190835.1600474842.jpg

HI captmj I read all of your post and I have a question to see when problem started , so you said prior to installing your power plenum , you were shooting gun correct? I assume you zeroed your gun and was shooting it ,so if gun was zeroed prior to your adjustments and power plenum ,

You said you did not have a chrono , but you dont need a crono to see if your gun is now shooting say 100fps slower , as it would sound very quiet and it would also be hitting very very low , so , was gun more powerful prior to you messing with it ?

this way I can see if it was ever normal power , many times people create problems and then have spent so much time and they over think it is a design or wrong part installed and overlook the solution ,

so was it more powerful or shooting poi higher before messing with it ? LOU

Hello, the problem was solved, i found a tiny screw not screwed in (on the gauge side), the function of this screw is to keep the inner part of the power adjuster in one position, therefore the holes of the power adjuster were not aligned causing lost of power getting worse everytime thay i turned the wheel

It was a headache but fortunately was an easy fix