• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Serious late night rat killing

Enjoyed the video, great use of that driveway monitor. Where are those rats coming from in your neighborhood? Are they native to your area? I love shooting rats, but would hate to have them on my property or passing through. I thought I saw a rat flash by at twenty yards while shooting sparrows today at the ex-Dairy.

Reactions: Removed
Enjoyed the video, great use of that driveway monitor. Where are those rats coming from in your neighborhood? Are they native to your area? I love shooting rats, but would hate to have them on my property or passing through. I thought I saw a rat flash by at twenty yards while shooting sparrows today at the ex-Dairy.
Thanks, my neighbor has chickens so I think that's probably why we have so many. I'm not going to complain to much as it gives me something to stay out of trouble on Friday nights. Lol

Good video as always.
I am using the Brocock Ranger XR .22 (basically the same gun) for ratting in the northern part of the state. Like that the power can be turned down to about 12ft.lbs and is quiet enough for backyard use at night. Just received a tin of JSB Hades pellets and they are devastating on rats.
Had one of the Harbor Freight remote sensors but like Ranchibi switch to a door bell camera as most of the rats run along a fence and camera placement is less critical.

Possums eat tick's , they are your friend at least around here . Video was excellent as always
The possums eating ticks is BS. That was a study done for grant money. They took 100 ticks and infected a possum in an enclosure. Then counted the ticks that fell onto a glue trap and through funny math, extrapolated crazy wild numbers of how many ticks a possum could "vaccuums" up.

Junk science. Lies repeated often enough becoming "truths".

Reactions: Animalcub7907
Possums eat tick's , they are your friend at least around here . Video was excellent as always

oops sorry about miss info but it was a huge write up in local news , if your info is right ?
You can read the report and form your own opinion. I'll link it here.
That group is made up of animal rights/anti hunting scientists that have a preconceived result in mind when they put their studies together. We need to confront this new version of "science" whenever it is repeated.

Sorry for trampling on your thread @Crossman999 but there needs to be room for setting the record straight.

Link to the study-

That Brocock Atomic XR is a good looking rig. I'm tempted to pick one of those up.
Cool video. Watching it again now.K
@Crosman999's, in the field review, and then subsequent "torture video" of the Atomic XR solidified the choice for me. I've taken close to 200 pests with mine since March 2022. It is a rough use ready rig... Brocock hit it way out the park with the form factor. I'm personally done with anything bigger.

Reactions: Hal4son
@Crosman999's, in the field review, and then subsequent "torture video" of the Atomic XR solidified the choice for me. I've taken close to 200 pests with mine since March 2022. It is a rough use ready rig... Brocock hit it way out the park with the form factor. I'm personally done with anything bigger.
Jessica at Iguana Solutions uses one for eliminating Iguanas in S. Florida. Sometimes her show is a advertisment for her sponsor AGofA but hey its fun watching those lizards dying.