Serious issue with the notos

So while I was waiting for my Notos to ship I was on the PA website looking at reviews. Somebody mentioned that their notos had an issue with the bolt binding inside the reciever during the cocking cycle and causing serious wear, eventually causing it to become unusable. So after mine arrived I made a point to lube this area with silicone grease. Unfortunately that very thing started happening only a couple hundred shots in. It would bind to the point it wouldn’t cock without extreme force. I knew this would very quickly scuff the internal surfaces and lead to more severe wear. I considered returning it but decided to try remedying it first. So I took it apart and cleaned off the silicone grease and applied an extra tacky extreme pressure synthetic grease. This has completely eliminated the problem and the cocking cycle is smoother several hundred shots later. Unfortunately the silicone greese doesn’t have the correct lubing properties. Be cautious however that you don’t get the grease forward into the action where the orings are as it may damage them.

also I was tweeking the trigger. It can be made very light (single stage tho) but I found out this allows the gun to fire even with the safety engaged. So be cautious of that.

Page 10 In the manual it says to lubricate the surfaces around the bolt (i.e. Bolt Hinge Points), the trigger mechanism, and the O-ring on the pellet port with RWS Chamber Lube (i.e.100% Silicone Oil) after every 500 rounds.
As motorhead pointed out and as my experience indicates, don’t use silicone based products for metal to metal lubrication. someone above linked a moly product that should work.

As motorhead pointed out and as my experience indicates, don’t use silicone based products for metal to metal lubrication. someone above linked a moly product that should work.
Yes, it is not that uncommon that there are those in marketing who know their jobs, tho lack the knowledge of what they state as solid information which lies outside there education of subject at hand 🙄

Wow! Over 30 FPE from that little rig… I doubt that was the case, the 14.3s at 800 fps, generate 20 FPE, the Hades? 23 FPE at the muzzle according to StrelokPro. You’re sending at velocities lower than that.
I thought it was a high FPE since what I've seen on YouTube was around the low 20's FPE. Is there some data I need to enter in the FX app to make that more accurate. All the shots were saying the FPE in the low 30's which I thought was off.

I thought it was a high FPE since what I've seen on YouTube was around the low 20's FPE. Is there some data I need to enter in the FX app to make that more accurate. All the shots were saying the FPE in the low 30's which I thought was off.
Don’t know anything about the FX app. Maybe start a separate thread about the misreadings? It is an impressive little rig though.

Adjusting pellet weight is what you need to do. With 14.3gr pellets at 745-765fps that's 17.5-18.5fpe.