• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Sentry 705

That's a tough one!!!

Could be so many different things...Chinese barrel's are the luck of the draw first off!

Have you checked the breach seal? Or ran it across a chronograph to check speed and consistency ?

Non regulated gun with a small air tube is going to have a sweet spot in pressure for any kind of accuracy too. And probably not many shots in that sweet spot with the factory tune!!!

If you can't get it figured out I would be calling Mike to get it exchange or some insight on how to tune it!!!

James from Michigan 

Could be a harmonics issue, but at 20 yards it should be a minimum spread. When you hit paper at 20 yards what is the distance between each hole? Are you seeing a circle pattern? Are they grouping together? Essentially what is your MOA? Can you drag it out double the distance and see the issue replicated?

Also, yeah contact the Maker of the issue persists. 

Tape the end of your barrel off. One piece covering up the hole and one piece wrapped around the shroud/barrel/silencer to secure it. Fire a shot then carefully push the tape back onto the muzzle hole. You will probably have your answer. Here are two pics to help you. I do it with every gun I buy and every time I build a shroud.
75C96195-0258-4C5E-970E-FCCFBB3F3818.1613108671.jpeg
B255FA2F-CC51-4B3D-851E-B72A3872BEB3.1613108686.jpeg

I have a Sentry 705 from Flying Dragon Air Guns and I can't hit anything beyond 20 yards. They fly right, then left, then high, low, so frustrating. Used 24 grain to 34 grain pellets, tried three different high end scopes, shooting from a Caldwell rest and so puzzled. HELP!!!

It is the .25 cal

I have fired a total of maybe 400 pellets through a PCP so I am so new I can't offer much of value. I can relate to your frustration though. All my 400 shots have all be through my .22 Sentry 705 from Mike at Flying Dragon and on my first outing I was shocked at the shotgun type pattern I was getting at 25 yards. After all the reviews and reading about these, I thought I may have made a $320 mistake. However, I tried the fourth and last tin of pellets and even in a blustery breeze it suddenly shot nice groups. The next type went right back to one high, one left (which was opposite of the wind direction), one low, etc, etc. It liked the HN Terminator 16.36 grn and I went out yesterday with different pellets to test and found the same thing shotgun patterns for my first to types and then the 18 grn Diabolo Field shot nice little 8 shot groups. Seven different types were shoot yesterday with only two others shooting OK. I had read these weren't too picky in pellet types but 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 inch patterns in 7 out of 11 pellets tested seems pretty picky to me. I also read these tend to like heavier pellets at high power settings. Mine is intentionally set to a low setting and does not seem to like anything over 18+ grains. That may just be a by product of the lower speed as I am only shooting around 780 fps. I will work on tuning more with the Diabolo pellets now. I am getting about 56 shoots on a 2500 fill shooting down to about 1500 on power setting 2 and like it so far.

I have a Sentry 705 from Flying Dragon Air Guns and I can't hit anything beyond 20 yards. They fly right, then left, then high, low, so frustrating. Used 24 grain to 34 grain pellets, tried three different high end scopes, shooting from a Caldwell rest and so puzzled. HELP!!!

It is the .25 cal
Mr. Wright,

I am still waiting on the photo of the Bank Cashiers check you said you would send Monday 6/12/2023 regarding our deal.

John Blount