Seneca Dragonfly Mk2

I have 1 in 0.22 cal. and have been underwhelmed. The pumping is not smooth at all in fact the opening or upward pump is harder than the downward or closing pump. Admittedly I only have about 200 pellets through it so I'm hoping it gets smoother in time. I have to admit it does seem to have the same pumping effort regardless of the number of pumps. Oh, I forgot to mention the magazine is a joke, it jams everytime I tried to use it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BOOMBBQ
I just think the resistance stays the same regardless of pumps but the length of the rifle and of of the stroke length is more than any pump airguns I have used in the past and it isn't smooth, it's like a 2stage pump or something... overall I'm happy with the quality and function but still think a pistol w the same features (single shot tray/ magazine) and quality w a threaded barrel would be what I really want.

I have 1 in 0.22 cal. and have been underwhelmed. The pumping is not smooth at all in fact the opening or upward pump is harder than the downward or closing pump. Admittedly I only have about 200 pellets through it so I'm hoping it gets smoother in time. I have to admit it does seem to have the same pumping effort regardless of the number of pumps. Oh, I forgot to mention the magazine is a joke, it jams everytime I tried to use it.
I agree! The multi-shot magazine thingy is garbage. It’s a pain to load. You have to keep pressure on and advance the rotary wheel more with each pellet. If your pressure is off it will pinch the pellets and get stuck. If you go too far the pellets start falling back out. It’s way too fiddly, takes too much effort, and in the end is much slower than loading single shots.

I found the pumping to be more difficult than my Crosman Pumpmaster 760. I think the angles and funky leverage makes it awkward. The pumping effort feels consistent throughout but I get the feeling they are cheating it a bit here to make it feel this way. It’s clear that later pumps give you diminishing increases in power. So my suspicion is that in order to maintain consistent pumping effort in later strokes, they are reducing the amount of additional air pressure charged with each stroke.

At what distance? I've been doing 4-7 pumps at 20 yds.
At 20yards=4-5 pumps. At 30=12, at 50=15

You guys with stiff pumpers...If you lubed w/silicone oil, thats your problem. Try something that is slippery like Mobil1 or moly grease.

The magazine works great with CPHP pellets; the heavier pellets wont, they need the single shot tray.

Last edited:
Reactions: BOOMBBQ
Get some CARM mags, much easier to load vs factory mags.
They're 3d printed vs aluminum but a simpler design, one less round of capacity in .177 or .22 but no putting in first pellet backwards or flipping the cover around. You just stick a pellet in from the back and rotate the cylinder for next pellet. Much easier on fat fingers or gloved hands.
I just got my Dragonfly II but I've used CARM mags in my Diana Chaser for a long while.

I tend to use 4 or 5 pumps for backyard shooting. Initially opening the pump mechanism does take some effort but I'll take that over a saggy/droopy forearm. No need to completely close it to pump, you're wasting effort if you are. I've noticed it is tight on the last bit of travel on opening up, when you hear it drawing in air. That's gotten easier with use & lube.

Doesn't seem to be picky with pellets and el cheapo Crosman Premiers semm to group as well as the primo pellets.

I was reading up on rear peep sighs but with the huge fiber optic front sight I decided to scope it instead, but only got it mounted and not zeroed yet. The high stock comb is great for a scope or a red dot optic.