N/A Seneca Dragonfly Mk2 Multi-Pump Air Rifle

These have been out for a while. How are they holding up? How is the accuracy? How hard to pump? (I'm old) Are they a good value for the money? Do you think they will stand up to 10K pumps? The review says 10 pumps is about right for plinking, do you agree?
I pump three times for my 10 yards shooting which works great. Charles

I do not own one and mostly that is because the ones thatI shot had rather poorly executed pumping mechanisms. There was substantial play with rather small pins pivoting in thin holes. I think they are terrific guns that will sooner or later require a remanufactured lever. The vaunted sheridan got cheapened in its later years and did not stand up as well to higher pumping levels.

I think it is a great concept but after several thousand shots will likely need remanufacturing of its power plant.

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
I have a friend who has one. He likes it. He brought it to me to try out. First thing I did was oil all the pivot joints. It has a different cocking cycle. Very looong. The cocking between shots does not increase in pressure. Actually cocks quite easily. You would definitely be able to handle it. I like the scoping possibilities. With the magazine loaded and inserted, you don’t have to dodge the scope while loading. Very accurate. Decent trigger. It’s quite loud. The cocking mechanism seems very delicate. Flimsy. If they would just beef this up like the old American ones, they would have a winner.

I do not own one and mostly that is because the ones thatI shot had rather poorly executed pumping mechanisms. There was substantial play with rather small pins pivoting in thin holes. I think they are terrific guns that will sooner or later require a remanufactured lever. The vaunted sheridan got cheapened in its later years and did not stand up as well to higher pumping levels.

I think it is a great concept but after several thousand shots will likely need remanufacturing of its power plant.
I feel that is a fair assessment as well.

I like mine so much I bought a 2nd Refurbished. Both in .22. With a scope, I can get 3/4" groups @40yds. I have a Crosman 140, Daisy 880, Crosman 760, and Sheridan Blue Streak; the Dragonfly2 out-shoots them all. Super-quiet w/BuckRail moderator that will screw right on. Needs a front barrel band to stay consistent. Lube pump w/ Mobil1 or any synthetic motor oil.

I just found some chrony numbers. The Dragonfly2 is a powerful pumper in .22.
With H&N Baracuda 21.4g 10pumps=596fps/16.89ft-lbs
15pumps=639fps/19.38ft-lbs

With CrosmanPremier hollow points 14.3g 10pumps=696fps/15.41ft-lbs
15pumps=740fps/17.37ft-lbs

A dragonfly3 with an adjustable trigger, barrel band, and beefy pump linkage upgrades would be an awesome gun!

Reactions: JDR