• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Seneca Dragonfly MK|| Refurbished

Started cleaning barrels. Got to the dragonfly. Lady was scrolling facebook....
I cleaned the barrel and scoped.it RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER!!👀🤣🤣🤣
Not a word was said.🫣
Few diiiiirty patches then a few ok then good and shiny after.
Couldn't get anymore pics bc she started to lose interest in Facebook scrolling. I noticed her about to get up, I turned and slid it back I'm with the other slingers and grabbed the 2289 on the rest of the 360° turn around that i pulled off....2 days ive had it now and she hasnt noticed🤣

20230608_170526.jpg

Went to the range. It was full of people!👀 I'm usually the only one there😅
So I went home and just slung some pellets into a trap inside instead. Pumping is getting much easier as the oils are working their way into the slinger. Opening the pump a few inches makes it almost spring open about halfway by itself🤷‍♂️. And yes the pumping stayed the same resistance all of the way up to the max 15 pumps.
Rechecked all screws oil areas. I am really loving the feel of it. Very light compared to MOST of my setups.the single shot tray seems to be a little funky loading wise. Might just need "broken in".
The mags, both oem and carm, work flawlessly though.🎩🤙

Iam
I just went back thru the log book and found this info,
On the 1-5-10 tests, I had 16 test results/average,
on the 15 pumps tests I only had 6 tests result/average that went to 15 pumps,

1 pump tests average for 16 tests =273fps
5 pump tests average for 16 tests =638fps
10 pump tests average for 16 tests =720fps
15 pump tests average for 6 tests =828fps

I am carefully tuning to see what's under the hood!
Unless something else shows up, I am happy with the 10 pumps results so far.

Iam
I just went back thru the log book and found this info,
On the 1-5-10 tests, I had 16 test results/average,
on the 15 pumps tests I only had 6 tests result/average that went to 15 pumps,

1 pump tests average for 16 tests =273fps
5 pump tests average for 16 tests =638fps
10 pump tests average for 16 tests =720fps
15 pump tests average for 6 tests =828fps

I am carefully tuning to see what's under the hood!
Unless something else shows up, I am happy with the 10 pumps results so far.
Niccccce!!! I haven't broke out the chrono for it yet.
It's pretty much exactly what I wanted. A more powerful than my 2289 pumper in .22 rifle form🤗

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
Ohhhh my fun!!🤣🤪🤙
Finally got the Dragonfly to the range!!!🤗
(Forgot to get more pics, was having a blast!)
Got her sighted in at 35yrd.
Tried about 10 different pellets/slugs.
Turns out; she loves CPHPs!!👀🎯
Was even able to pop a pest bird at about 68 yards!🫨
(Dang thing fell into a thicket that I couldn't get into, thorns and I wasn't wearing my thorn gear)🫠
Straight missed a rabbit🥴🤷‍♂️
I blame myself for being too excited when it popped out🤣
Missed left by a few inches@ 70ish yards.
Setup some cans and such. Got a pic of the tin(filled it with sand and closed it) with the pellets it caught. The last pellet blew the tin open/apart👀🎯🫨
Wasn't shooting from the table.
Off hand and stick once in a while.
I took the 2289 along....
WOW!!
What a night and day difference there is on the pumping!!😕
I shot about half a tin with the dragonfly; wore my arms down a bit. Bit I grabbed the 2289 and after 20 shots I went back to the dragonfly!!😬
So much easier even though I was pumping all the way to 15 each time on the dragonfly.
10 pumps on the 2289(the last 3 pumps) are horrendous compared to the dragonfly....and I LOVE my 2289...so that is saying AALLOOTT🥴
Gunna put a better scope sometime...
For now just running the package scope from my ruger(4×32) and doing dang great!🤗🎩🤙

20230612_105600.jpg

Ohhhh my fun!!🤣🤪🤙
Finally got the Dragonfly to the range!!!🤗
(Forgot to get more pics, was having a blast!)
Got her sighted in at 35yrd.
Tried about 10 different pellets/slugs.
Turns out; she loves CPHPs!!👀🎯
Was even able to pop a pest bird at about 68 yards!🫨
(Dang thing fell into a thicket that I couldn't get into, thorns and I wasn't wearing my thorn gear)🫠
Straight missed a rabbit🥴🤷‍♂️
I blame myself for being too excited when it popped out🤣
Missed left by a few inches@ 70ish yards.
Setup some cans and such. Got a pic of the tin(filled it with sand and closed it) with the pellets it caught. The last pellet blew the tin open/apart👀🎯🫨
Wasn't shooting from the table.
Off hand and stick once in a while.
I took the 2289 along....
WOW!!
What a night and day difference there is on the pumping!!😕
I shot about half a tin with the dragonfly; wore my arms down a bit. Bit I grabbed the 2289 and after 20 shots I went back to the dragonfly!!😬
So much easier even though I was pumping all the way to 15 each time on the dragonfly.
10 pumps on the 2289(the last 3 pumps) are horrendous compared to the dragonfly....and I LOVE my 2289...so that is saying AALLOOTT🥴
Gunna put a better scope sometime...
For now just running the package scope from my ruger(4×32) and doing dang great!🤗🎩🤙

View attachment 363965

OK, spill. Did the lady try it, or has she still not noticed?

I’m interested in whether she thinks the weight of the Dragonfly is heavy. Sounds like the pumping effort isn’t bad.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
OK, spill. Did the lady try it, or has she still not noticed?

I’m interested in whether she thinks the weight of the Dragonfly is heavy. Sounds like the pumping effort isn’t bad.
She STILL hasn't noticed!👀🤣🤷‍♂️
She was at work today.
I carried the dragonfly around for 3 hours😅
...think it's my lightest .22 rifle....and almost lightest overall rifle🤔

Reactions: jetpopt
Ok I have to come back in here and say: holy fffffffff....cough...excuse me...
😅my right forearm is so sore...but!!!!!!
I did the math🥴
I pumped at LEAST 5000 times...
The 2289 along side the dragonfly for comparison was not the best idea for THAT loooong of a time 😅
But it was so fun I would do it again....without the 2289🤣🤣🤣

I did the math🥴
The 2289 along side the dragonfly for comparison was not the best idea for THAT loooong of a time 😅
arm.jpg

I like how he put the mushroomed pellet right on mushroom on the pizza box..lol

Mushroom- the pellet - special. Coincidence or planed ? Hmmmm...
HAD to go back and screeshot it out since you pointed it out and i cant stop laughing about it now🤣🤙
I once again and always thank you for your posts; they help my mental state much more than you can imagine🥴😅🫣

Screenshot_20230612_204543_Gallery.jpg

That's impressive that you sighted in for 35 yards and was shooting a 70ish yards 🎯 Yeah I enjoy the 2289 and have it sighted in for 25 yards which I think is the sweet spot, maybe a little further but the range I go to has 15, 25, 50 and 100 so I haven't tried it at anything in between 25-50 yards. I'm sure it might do well at 30-35 yards. Anyways enough about the 2289 :D it sounds like the Drangofly is a keeper 🎯(y).

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
That's impressive that you sighted in for 35 yards and was shooting a 70ish yards 🎯 Yeah I enjoy the 2289 and have it sighted in for 25 yards which I think is the sweet spot, maybe a little further but the range I go to has 15, 25, 50 and 100 so I haven't tried it at anything in between 25-50 yards. I'm sure it might do well at 30-35 yards. Anyways enough about the 2289 :D it sounds like the Drangofly is a keeper 🎯(y).
Thanks! The area I was testing in is my current "stomping grounds".😅 I've walked/shot that area so much with different setups; anything inside of about 100 yards is touchable without much consideration/need for thought in aim points🥴
Most of my scopes are plain reticle too🫣🤪🤙

At it again!!!
Holy fun this thing is a blast!!!
Weather let me do all of my tests plus my lady tagged along and helped with everything.
Video of her finally realizing its existence(i hand it to her....the pause as she looks it over is hilarious, yet no words of what/where/how it became to be🤣)/using the dragonfly/trying to pump the 2289 vs the dragon fly(she can fully pump the dragonfly with no provlem whatsoever. She can manage 2 full pumps on yhe 2289 and cant get the 3rd pump to close(i closed it for her)🥴🤣🤙
CPHPs are a go to for the dragonfly so I used them as a standard during testing.
Was able to reach out to 65ish yards with better accuracy than the first go around.
Also switched the scope from the ruger 4x32 to a Tasco 3-9x50MM MZ,
what an improvement over the fixed👀🤷‍♂️
The Rifle brand 14.5gr domes are just as good if not better than the H&N FTT 14.66gr👀
And...
Drum roll!!!!
The dragonfly WILL sling 40gr H&N slugs with AUTHORITY!!🫨
Pretty much on par with my snowpeak (PCP.22) for being able to utilize whatever projectile i load(same mags/trays)😀
Single shot tray finally "broken in" and loading smooth as silk🥴🤌🤌
If you're on the fence about this pump. Don't be; i was pumping it wrong yhe first time and make my forearm so sore i could barely close my grip n a soda can and luft it...(need to hold it different then my 2289 when pumping)...so I held different and to my surprise, even with the almost unable right hand, I was able to sling lead out of it for 5 hours🤗🤪🤙
Tins of the dragonfly smacking them with CPHPs at 15 and 30 yards. The tin with the pellet stuck in the back was at 30 yards. Thus slinger packs some SERIOUSLY great power. I am beyond surprised and ever so pleased with my purchase that I have a new favorite pumper...😬(sorry2289)
I also would not hesitate to carry this slinger around for its weight is NOTHING compared to my other slinger that I use for walk n stalk.
😅and ill say it again;
what a blast!!🤣🤪🤙

20230614_154239.jpg

20230614_154246.jpg

20230614_154249.jpg

20230614_154252.jpg

*Rezero on new scope @ 30yrd with CPHPs*
Tins were also filled with sand on pictures above,when hit, they BLEW apart. Both halves were at least a foot away from each other even on the 30 yard!!😬👀🥴
Was able to capture a 40gr flower inside videos below!!!🫨👀🎯*finger hit screen and had to restart my uploads.
....think i got em all now!
ENJOY!!!!🤌🤌
😅🥴🤣🎩🤙
PSA included****🫣🤓🫡
Have a lovely day!(or don't it's always up to you)🤣🤙

20230614_155329.jpg

Five
I did the math🥴
Five THOUSAND pumps?! I’ve done a tenth of that a couple of times. No soreness resulted, but 5000 would do it, oh, yes.

Time to get ambidextrous: pump 2500 with each arm. 🫀🫁💪

Reactions: drpietrzak
Five

Five THOUSAND pumps?! I’ve done a tenth of that a couple of times. No soreness resulted, but 5000 would do it, oh, yes.

Time to get ambidextrous: pump 2500 with each arm. 🫀🫁💪
I figured out the correct way for me to pump it normally and not strain myself😅
Did the math again for today. Only about 3500 pumps today 🥴*was taking my time more even though I was out there for longer