• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Seneca/Sam Yang Seneca Dragonfly anyone?

Airgun Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 24, 2020
Colorado, United States
Jim Chapman of americanairgunhunter.com shows all the lazy PCP shooters how its done with the Seneca Dragonfly! :LOL:

dragonfly1.jpeg
dragonfly2.jpeg
dragonfly3.jpeg

"I had the Seneca Dragonfly multi-pump air rifle out on a cottontail hunt, this was a throwback to my earliest airgun hunts! This little .22 is easy to pump, generates solid small game hunting power, and is quite accurate. It's also very compact and can serve as a compact and self-contained small game rig on longer backpacking trips. A pocket full of pellets and you can stay out about as long as you want."

the rifle has been well received and i have one in my wish list but i am concerned about the linkage
with one documented here that had broken and the other concern how long will parts be available if at all, they are Snowpeak and Snowpeak parts are hard to find
I have never dealt with Snowpeak, but I have dealt with the Dragonfly's importer, Air Venturi with success. I have found their customer service to be courteous, speedy and well priced. I'm convinced that Air Venturi will back up their product. Orv.

I've had a Dragonfly II for a while now and it's impressed me for the money. Yes the linkage is complicated and the forearm opens much further than traditional pumps, so it takes a change in style for easy pumping. But does well with 3 pumps and I find 8 pumps plenty for all my needs.
Great trigger out of the box, easy to mount an optic, good FO sights, works great with CARM mags which are a big improvement over the factory mag, capacity is diwn one but also no messing around with loading one pellet backwards either. If you prefer single shot it comes with a nice magnetic pellet tray where the mag would go. Nice walnut stock, you don't regularly see decent wood at this price.
Not yet tried a variety of pellets but mine groups Crosman Premiers, Gamo Rockets and H&N Baracudas just fine.

Reactions: Snake420