• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Seneca Aspen/Nova Freedom parts list

someone may have already asked, but did they ever fix the common problems with these guns? I wanted to pick one up but I kept seeing people having the same issue of the pump seizing up? I think it had to do with moisture or something along those lines.
I dont think the issue was fixed...and pyramid air no longer sells the seals...

I have some seals coming this week..and will try them to fix the issue...the seals I ordered are of harder material..more durable and heat resistant and they came in a pack of 25 seals... Hoepfully it solves the issue concerning the piston pump seal. My Nova freedom is incredibly accurate , so I hope to solve the pumping arm issue/ piston seal issue. I am gonna apply a high performance synthetic lubricant mixed with graphite to the new piston seal and inside surface of the air piston chamber.

Not those exact sizes but the size that the impact mk2-3 valve rod seal is,is about the closest I've found. If I ever get off my butt I'll see if they work as I've got a whole bag of them.
Please try it out...if it fixes the issue...you can mail me some of the seals..and I can mail you some of the upgraded piston seals I have ? I dont want to give up trying to fix this isssue, because the rifle is so accurate and powerful .

I tried the 006 Orings and it didn't work for me. Don't know if I did it right but I'm going to put the original back in because I know it works and I doubt it will wear out very fast. Like I said, I shoot 1 shot and pump it back up to around 2900 to 3000 psi using 5-6 pumps. It keeps the pump nice and cool and makes the rifle a lot more accurate. You become the regulator.

My piston seals just came in...From my research, these are the best seal/s to use...better hardness rating, heat/friction resistance. I will instal them and report back if my Nova rifle is working properly after installing these. If it fixes the issue , I will have several of these new seals left over to sell / ship at a inexpensive price to anyone that needs them.

seal.jpg

Good news and bad news. It looks like these aftermarket improved seals are the right fit. I installed them and my pump arm moves freely now. Unfortunately, it looks like I have a leak in the check valve seal because it wont build pressure. So I will have to tear it down again and investigate that issue.

If anyone has a issue with their pump arm freezing up , then it looks like these seals I ordered are the answer. They are supposed to be a much improved quality seal than the stock seal. I had read to install 2 seals just in case 1 seal starts to go bad, the other seal is a backup. Tearing down the gun is not hard..takes 1 hour or less and there is a video on it on youtube.

I had to order a pack of 25 seals even though I only needed 2 . If anyone wants me to ship them some of these seals, so you can try and repair your piston seal/ pump arm issues , send me a private message and I can ship them out to you for a few bucks but I can only ship within the U,.S. . I accept paypal.

sealll.jpg

Dang! If y'all keep this up... I may actually try to repair the 3 nova Vista Freedoms I have! 2 @ .177 and one @ .22

The .177s were both extremely accurate/precise out to 50 yards using either the high (~920fps) or low (~750fps) setting. The .22 never worked well enough for me to know one way or the other.

The problem was the O-sleeve (not an O-ring) at the "small piston head" of the pump and the other problem was the poppet. Don't know if the poppet problem was due to debris from the "O-sleeve" or simply soft material the poppet was made of, but there were many posts claiming that the poppets were at least part of the problem due to the material used and I do believe that is true.

The ONLY other thing was they were loud. I had to make my own DIY silencers/moderators because the guns were loud, even at the LOW setting.

Almost wish I had done the bottle conversion offered by Duy Dinh at the time... but then again... (smile)

All my best!

Kerry

p.s. Here is what I ordered to replace the "small piston head" O-sleeve as the original isn't a ring. 2 of these O-rings to replace the "sleeve". As I recall, they worked, but not great. I would say it required about 25% more pumps to get the same pressure, but I forget.

They worked, but as I think I said, none of my Nova Vista Freedoms are working now and I have moved on.

Again, the .177s were VERY accurate out to 50 yards! Great barrels!

Anyone that has sent me a private message to purchase some piston seals, I have replied via a private message , so check your messages. Id suggest to purchase at least 2 seals for each rifle you are gonna try to repair. I can only ship within U.S. and I only use PAYPAL . The seals im selling are supposed to be the best quality with a rating of 90A , compared to the stock seal which I think was only rated 70A. I can ship the seals for only a few bucks . I will take a photo of your shipment and send the photo to you, prior to me mailing it. FWIW...I have been on ebay selling for 18 years with 100% positive feedback if you want me to send you that info for reference. I wont be selling these small O rings on ebay though, because its not worth the hassle/ebay fees to sell something that im only charging a few bucks for.

Reactions: SilentSquirrel
I have about a dozen seals left to sell, so if you want to try and repair your piston seal for only a few dollars, let me know. Ty
Hey Ty
I'll take some more if that's not keeping them from others who want them.
(4,6,8, whatever)
Just toss them in the envelope and send another invoice.
Thanks
Edward

Hey Ty
(4,6,8, whatever)
Thanks
Edward

Hey Ty
(4,6,8, whatever)
Thanks
Edward
message sent.

I still have a few of these 90A rated seals leftover. If you want to try and fix the issue with your NOVA/SENECA pump arm, these are probably the best seals you can purchase to go on your piston head/seal and I can ship them out for only a few dollars. Taking the rifle apart to install this seal, is not difficult and there is a video on youtube showing how. I only use paypal, for payment. Ty

Reactions: Swildman
Hi, I'm new to this forum, but I've been on GTA for many years. I have alot of experience with fixing the Nova Freedoms and can offer some advice....
The main reason why your pump isn't working and why the check valve fails is because small bits of rubber have broken off the flat 3rd stage pump seal and are sitting between the ball bearings and the check valve seal. There may also be some factory grit there as well.
It was almost standard procedure to take the 3rd stage pump completely apart, replace the flat seal with the 2 orings, I've had 2 buna-n 90D for 3 years now, as well as take the check valve apart and clean it well, re-oil, then put everything back. This is really important and necessary, even on a brand new gun!
After that, put in a peek or other delrin poppet and you'll be good to go! I only put a few drops of oil every 100 pumps.

I've bonded a carbon fiber tube to my barrel, added desiccant to the clear tube covered by felt, and put Teflon washers at the pump handle pivot point. This rifle is very accurate with cheap cphp. I haven't actually tuned it to find the exact pressure that shoots best, but any pressure above 2800 actually makes the pellets go slower. I find that 5 full SLOW pumps, keeps me at the same pressure point.
You must pump slow! The air needs time to go from the first to second and to the third stage and fast pumping only makes heat which ruins your seals.