Sending back a TX200- refund

AirborneB,

Sorry to hear of your disappointment, hope all works out OK. Search "Krales" in AGN SEARCH section for needed info. I have a thread there which answers questions from a new user perspective. Import duties only apply at a price of $800, or more. Don't concern yourself with the "restriction" statement and Krales doesn't charge tax. Highly recommend researching Krales, as suggested, won't regret it. WM

You shouldn’t have a problem ordering from Krale. I ordered an air gun from them at 7 o’clock in the morning and they sent it out at 10 o’clock in the morning and I received it in four days. Some people have gotten theirs in three days. I just messaged them by email and they responded right away And had to show them a picture of my drivers license. All the of the Weirauch Springers are good guns. I have a HW 50 which is lower powered but made very good and accurate.

Customs is hit or miss. I’ve ordered from krale a few times. They are either extremely prompt, or customs decides they’ll do a spot check, and your package is held up for WEEKS in customs while they deem it safe. I can imagine a gun would be much harder to import than what I ordered (parts and pellets). I steer clear from ordering overseas for this reason. Airguns or Arizona also carries weirauch without the import woes.

On the topic of the tx. Why aren’t you just getting a new stock? Seems a little over dramatic to bu a whole new gun just bc the vendor you got it from wasn’t very careful with it! You think the same can’t happen to a hw97 you order?

Reactions: SoCalAirrifles
Just a thought, should I order the 16 or 20 Joule? Going for accuracy. I was reading where the lower 16 joules may be more accurate. Thanks

The 16 is a appox 12 fpe for the UK market. Their government restrictions regulate all airguns to 12 fpe. Worry not at all about the full power 97 accuracy. The 97 is so accurate within 50 yards that although greatly appreciated and the exceptional accuracy is certainly enjoyed, sometimes it does even get boring. So myself I invent all kinds of things to shoot with it such as sugar cubes at range and I can hit them quite regular out to 60 yards, beyond that although the rifle is fully capable, I have to much wobble and waggle for such a little target and have to return to a bit more reasonable range. As for long range say 100 yards, mine will run neck in neck with any pcp and will shoot a 1.5 inch group on a day I had two cups of coffee and a one inch group on a calm still sunny day. I have a 24X Vortex first focal plane scope for that long range shooting as without it I cannot even see a small target at 100 yards.

Krale is a legitimate and good company to deal with. The restrictions apply to both if you live in the UK and also you have to send them a copy of your drivers license to prove you are not a kid. If a first time buyer you may also have to go to your bank and have them wire the money as sometimes they are reluctant to take a credit card. The cost of some rifles including the 97 is half of the AOA price. The only difference is that if you do have a problem (would be rare) AOA has a lifetime warranty on that gun. Of course in the real world it still costs you shipping there and shipping back which lately is not cheap.

The TX 200 is one rifle I have never purchased. I always wanted one, however I found it not acceptable for us lefties to have to pay an extra 200 bucks for a left hand stock on an already over priced rifle.

On forums generally all the defects and problems come to light as this is what owners do. They post up their problems on a forum and some owners with no problems are silent. However in the last several years there are defect posts in a large enough number to give concern.

Cheers

Kit

The TX200 is a great gun. Can you send it in for warranty repair for the stock. If the stock was broken in shipping, that would not fly.

I had one years ago. It came from the vendor defective. I tried to have the vendor take it back and was told to send it for warranty repair. He would not take it back and told me all guns were checked before shipment.

After weeks of waiting to get the gun back, I was told it had a cracked piston. Now there was two sources of doubt, but the gun did operate flawlessly upon return.

I have been on the Krale site. Do you know what it means when it says, there is a restriction for this product, it had a price of $431.41..including tax-$522.01 (only EU Countries) plus shipping $31.84. Then I live in CA and heard that Customs have given people problems. Just wondering if it was safe to order from.

You should be fine ordering from them. Call your credit card company and tell them you are going to make an overseas purchase, so it doesn't get flagged as fraud. You will need to send Krale a copy of your drivers license so they know you are not in a restricted country. I would get the 12 ft lb HW97, I did and it has been great for years. The full powered version is only going to be 13.5 ft lb according to a few others I know with them. A couple of those had mainsprings break in a few months, mine is still on the original spring and piston seal. The breech seal has needed replaced a couple times.

AirborneB,

Sorry I couldn't hang around after my last post, was getting a little late. Sounds like fellow members have given some helpful, solid advice. My personal opinion, in how you handled the TX200 situation, was correct, for you. Starting out in such a troubling manner could cast a shadow on any future experiences with the gun. A fresh start with a new vender and gun should relegate the whole matter to just a learning experience. I hope all goes well this time around. WM

I'm on it now. I may just order the Weirauch 97k. I was wondering if there will be any problems shipping to the Peoples Republic of California...lol. I sent them an email asking just that. I would hate Customs issues here.

I’m also in CA and have ordered at least 4 airguns from Krale. Never had a problem. Shipping is quick, prices are great and they pack the guns well. Order with confidence.

R

After reading about this and other issues with the TX, I am beginnung to think the dealers may be pulling the wool over our eyes, or at least trying to!! I know for a fact that AA and other mfgrs offer blemished and factory seconds at reduced prices to their dealers!!! Are dealers passing these on to customers at full price due to stock limitations?? Do they think people will just accept these due to the current shortages?? Having been a dealer in years past, most mfgrs offered fair discounts and reimbursment to make repairs on items that slipped thru quality control, today they dont, just return it..so why are they in such a big hurry to not make things right???? Mabey the extra money being made for selling blemished models as new rifles?? Makes me wonder ????

Reactions: SoCalAirrifles
I think it’s just become overly popular, and is being produced on such a scale, that the QC has naturally begun to slip. They are selling them too hard, lol. I think it has already been that way for a few years. I still want a beautiful walnut TX200 but I would be wary to spend almost a $1,000 for a gun like that, when I feel like there will probably be an issue.

I think it’s just become overly popular, and is being produced on such a scale, that the QC has naturally begun to slip. They are selling them too hard, lol. I think it has already been that way for a few years. I still want a beautiful walnut TX200 but I would be wary to spend almost a $1,000 for a gun like that, when I feel like there will probably be an issue.

You mirror my feelings. And there is the HW 97.

No way a reputable dealer did not know what was in that box!! I have saw the wrong rifle in a box marked TX200, so these dealers check each one, dont kid yourself....they are just passing on the blems and hope people will accept it. A dealer would be a fool to just send a box without knowing what is inside. When I was a dealer, each rifle was checked and test fired to be sure it was in working order. Today they are much to willing to have it returned then pass it along to the next customer in hopes they will accept it. I knew many dealers over the years, and none of them shipped a box without making sure what was inside, not all test fired them but the better ones always checked the rifle over to be sure it was right. As consumers we need to stop accepting this junk. The QC at the mfgr may be slipping up, but every dealer should be checking and returning the junk