semi beginner coming back to this hobby

warning . do not get sucked in to big power. you have 10 meters and 25 outside . you do not need or want big power , even in a springer power = noise .
I picked up a RWS model 48 in my teens (it was like having a V-8, more power) and it was complete overkill, heavy and hard to cock and the kickback.I definitely need to practice some restraint...I need stealth for sure

I certainly can’t jump on the springer bandwagon. However, everyone is different but I started with 2 springers and they sit and sit and will continue to sit after one trigger pull on a pcp. Might as well start there if you will end up there. Lots of good choices that are easy to charge with a good handpump. I started with a gamo urban. Completely adjustable power and accuracy that blew either springer out of the water.

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
Update: I spent some time with my existing airguns and also picked up a Gamo Swarm Viper Gen3i Air .177 cal. Definitely helping me decide my future airguns. The Gamo seems to be almost as loud as my RWS and the recoil is a little less but not by much, the cocking effort isn't as easy as the YouTube videos either. Im learning how to setup a scope and testing out my indoor range for now. Like someone here mentioned less power will be better for my needs.
Future plans:
-Beeman R7 or HW-30s, once either one comes back in stock. Always wanted one. I to still have all of my Beeman and RWS catalogs and several American Airgunner mags.
-FX Crown MK2 .22 500mm barrel -you cane tune the power, its very quite and you can convert the caliber. Big investment and will only consider it if I stick with this hobby.

Reactions: fishing43