• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

N/A Semi-Auto Recommendations

Hi all. I'm looking for recommendations for a .22 semi-auto PCP. I've browsed through the forums and found a few that stand out, specifically the GK1 and AEA SF. I'm hoping to keep the cost below $1300 and would like a carbine-length rifle. The GK1 stands out since I can convert it to a carbine, but, unfortunately can't find an inexpensive conversion option. Thoughts?

Hi all. I'm looking for recommendations for a .22 semi-auto PCP. I've browsed through the forums and found a few that stand out, specifically the GK1 and AEA SF. I'm hoping to keep the cost below $1300 and would like a carbine-length rifle. The GK1 stands out since I can convert it to a carbine, but, unfortunately can't find an inexpensive conversion option. Thoughts?
I don't think you're getting a GK1 at anywhere near $1300.

I don't think you're getting a GK1 at anywhere near $1300.
Aren't the GK1s going for $1250 new?
Unfortunately you don't see these in classifieds too often I'm always watching for another gun to add to my collection
Bummer, I may just have to settle for the AEA. Truthfully, I don't need anything too fancy. Just something I can use for plinking and the occasional small pest control.

All I can say, from my experience, is if you want a good semi-auto then DO NOT go cheap. There are good lower cost single shot airguns, but when you add lower cost and semi-auto together you are just asking for trouble.

The AEA semi, SAM, Sortie - I've tried them all - they are generally utter crap and either jam or break on the regular. Have also owned the Evanix Viper and while not a bad gun it's worth about $5-600 tops - not in the $1k league.

As others have mentioned the very reliable semi auto brands/models are Huben GK1/K1, Leshiy 2 or Western Sidewinder/Rattler. At this point I would skip on LCS as I haven't seen anything newish from them and don't know if they're still in business (especially since their engineer left and went to Western).

If you can find a used Huben K1 within your budget it would be a great option. Otherwise - if you like the pistol format then go with the GK1 - it is truly a game changer in the PCP pistol market. Nothing else like it exists. As budget permits add the upgrades and carbine-ize it.