Semi-auto PCP airguns?

I have a Galatian tact semi ,bought it 4 years ago. First and only pcp. It was under powered (@700 fps with 18's) and a heavy trigger. Did some tinkering ,installed a Lane reg ,polished barrel,re-crowned,etc . Thanks to all who share their knowledge on these forums, now it gets 36@ 870 with 18's ,a ragged hole at 50 yd and 1/2 ctc at 75-80 yd from a bench. I take it mostly for hunting and it's a beast to carry all day in the woods at 12.5 lbs scoped and loaded , but I got to like the accuracy and repeatability of it. I agree about going much faster thru ammo and air with a semi.

Semi Auto are super fun,

I had my 1st Semi-Auto PCP maybe 7-8 years ago ?

I find Semis fun for a little bit and then get bored of them,.....I would go for a standard PCP for your first and then down the line buy the smile makers to play more
Agree 100%, I now had 3 Semi-Auto PCPs one was even Full Auto, they worked good and where super fun.......for awhile, eventually got bored of them and even if I did like them I ended up selling.

Reactions: PumaCarl and Numb
Try to take all things in consideration. Does FPS/FPE, form factor, noise level matter as well? I recently sold my AEA SS Plus .30 cal. It was a blast to shoot and was fairly reliable even with Hatsan Vortex low QC pellets. What I found for my backyard pest control was noise level > follow up shots. I also wanted more power for the bigger critters.

Anyhow, as others have stated, the Leshy seems to have it all, but it does cost a pretty penny. I almost went that route, but I ended up getting an FX Maverick. With my semi-autos, when I hunt or do pest control, I'm almost always using a 3D printed single shot sled.

Out of curiosity, I did dB testing yesterday with my .30 cal Hatsan Blitz vs my regulated .357 AEA Challenger with DonnyFL Emperor moderator. Both were over 100 dB, but the Blitz was louder by a hair being closer to 110 dB and the Challenger being closer to 100 dB.

Try to take all things in consideration. Does FPS/FPE, form factor, noise level matter as well? I recently sold my AEA SS Plus .30 cal. It was a blast to shoot and was fairly reliable even with Hatsan Vortex low QC pellets. What I found for my backyard pest control was noise level > follow up shots. I also wanted more power for the bigger critters.

Anyhow, as others have stated, the Leshy seems to have it all, but it does cost a pretty penny. I almost went that route, but I ended up getting an FX Maverick. With my semi-autos, when I hunt or do pest control, I'm almost always using a 3D printed single shot sled.

Out of curiosity, I did dB testing yesterday with my .30 cal Hatsan Blitz vs my regulated .357 AEA Challenger with DonnyFL Emperor moderator. Both were over 100 dB, but the Blitz was louder by a hair being closer to 110 dB and the Challenger being closer to 100 dB.

I recently sold my HP SS 30 Plus as well. Not due to any problems with it. I wanted something in a similar form factor but with more than twice the power including ability to shoot a variety of heavier ammo.

Replaced it with AEA Terminator .30 caliber. So far VERY impressed! I'm actually about to make a post about it as I was testing some NSA 61.5 grain slugs today and hooo boy did they shoot. The build of this gun is noticeably sturdier as well including the magazines.

Volume level.... was a bit loud even for a big backyard with chill neighbors. I put a DonnyFL "FX" on it and you hear that "clank" sound that the HP SS also has when you're shooting it, but if you give it much distance at all you hear a PFFFffffff air sound. Very chill and non-alarming.

Last edited:
I recently sold my HP SS 30 Plus as well. Not due to any problems with it. I wanted something in a similar form factor but with more than twice the power including ability to shoot a variety of heavier ammo.

Replaced it with AEA Terminator .30 caliber. So far VERY impressed! I'm actually about to make a post about it as I was testing some NSA 61.5 grain slugs today and hooo boy did they shoot. The build of this gun is noticeably sturdier as well including the magazines.

Volume level.... was a bit loud even for a big backyard with chill neighbors. I put a DonnyFL "FX" on it and you hear that "clank" sound that the HP SS also has when you're shooting it, but if you give it much distance at all you hear a PFFFffffff air sound. Very chill and non-alarming.

That's cool. I've actually considered selling my Blitz for a Terminator. It would be great to nearly double the FPE, have something semi-auto, and be able to run a moderator without spring tuning. I haven't had any issues with the Blitz, but Bin's customer service is responsive. I've only heard bad things about Hatsan.

Hope the OP finds something that brings a smile to his face.

If you only want a semi auto. I would recommend the AEA HP Series Carbine Semi Auto. Good price and fairly reliable provided you have good ammo. My favorite semi is my AEA TD Assassin which is a slightly upgraded version of HP Carbine. For first PCP rifle though I would recommend the Air Venturi Avenger. Its a great shooter out of the box and you won't have double feed issues and jams like you will occasionally with a semi auto PCP.

IMG_20220704_160745.jpg

Out of all of my airguns if I could only have one of them, had to get rid of all the rest, I would keep my Edgun Leshiy 2. It is fun and easy to shoot. I find it to be accurate. It shot well out of the box. I have attempted no tuning on it because it just shoots how I want without it. Some are saying not to get a semi-auto as your first PCP, I disagree, if you want one get what you want out of the gate, and if you can, get one that will do as many things well as possible. For me that describes the Leshiy 2. It can be a small light weight gun, you can get longer barrels and you can change the caliber if you want. It is rugged, I have had no issues with it. Good luck on your search. When you make your final decision update us all.

I hadn't heard of an upcoming Airgun Technology model! Do you know what model specifically and what calibers will be offered?
There was no details except AT was working on Semi and Big Bore.

Reactions: Remnoth