Semi-auto PCP airguns?

I own 2 leshiy 2’s. Traded an impact for one, so goes to show side lever isn’t for everyone. Now it’s not from lack of trying. I’ve owned 2 impacts, a wildcat, Uragan, prophet, and a plethora of other side levers to try and find something I really liked. The only one I kept was my veteran, and that’s for other reasons. I use the crap out of both my leshiys and the .22 comes with me wherever I go based on the fact it fits into a backpack!
Own what you like, nobody can make a decision for you. Everyone shoots differently, and has different reasons for owning what they own. There’s no airgun out there that works for everyone!

I own 2 leshiy 2’s. Traded an impact for one, so goes to show side lever isn’t for everyone. Now it’s not from lack of trying. I’ve owned 2 impacts, a wildcat, Uragan, prophet, and a plethora of other side levers to try and find something I really liked. The only one I kept was my veteran, and that’s for other reasons. I use the crap out of both my leshiys and the .22 comes with me wherever I go based on the fact it fits into a backpack!
Own what you like, nobody can make a decision for you. Everyone shoots differently, and has different reasons for owning what they own. There’s no airgun out there that works for everyone!
I actually own two Leshiy’s also. I have one with a scope and 350mm barrel and a second with iron sights and a 250mm barrel. Of course the scoped gun is more accurate, but for plinking a semi-auto with iron sights is a lot of fun. And with the iron sights it is super light.

I would go the Edgun route if you can. If you can't afford that, I would pick up an AEA.

Another thought: the accuracy of semi autos is far worse than a single shot bolt action, so being that it is your first airgun you might consider the affordable to begin with and save up for something like a Kalibrgun Cricket or a Taipan later.

Here is something: https://www.thepelletshop.com/colle...eries-ss-semi-auto-pistol-with-foldable-stock

Reactions: MWS
The AEAs have a few issues. I owned a basic aea hpss in 25 caliber. It did fine for quite a while and then it had a trigger issue. The dealer couldn't figure it out and get it resolved after sending it to him a couple times and sent me another one. The second one had the same problem. So I got my money back and went with an AE HP SS plus. I've only shot about 100 rounds through it so far. Aea is knowledgeable of their trigger problems and are working to fix it. I'm happy with mine. I can shoot a 1 inch group at 40 yards with a red dot sight on a bench. True, you get what you pay for and aea guns are made in China. So it's all something to consider.

Reactions: SHOMER
I have two AEA semi auto's, a 25 cal Backpacker and a 30 cal Terminator. Both are accurate enough to hit golf balls at 50 yds. Triggers can be fixed. my Backpacker trips at 2.75 lbs and the Terminator is at 4. Both shoot slugs very well. I have owned the Backpacker for about a year now and have around 5k through it.

The trigger mechanism is exposed to lead dust and shavings This can cause the rifle to not cock or double. Cleaning every 500 rnds or so fixed this for me. Pellets seem to be dirtier than slugs.

For your first rifle I would recommend the Backpacker or Carbine. As far as quality I find these rifles well built and customer service is excellent.

Out of all of my airguns if I could only have one of them, had to get rid of all the rest, I would keep my Edgun Leshiy 2. It is fun and easy to shoot. I find it to be accurate. It shot well out of the box. I have attempted no tuning on it because it just shoots how I want without it. Some are saying not to get a semi-auto as your first PCP, I disagree, if you want one get what you want out of the gate, and if you can, get one that will do as many things well as possible. For me that describes the Leshiy 2. It can be a small light weight gun, you can get longer barrels and you can change the caliber if you want. It is rugged, I have had no issues with it. Good luck on your search. When you make your final decision update us all.
I have found the same to be true. Since I got my Leshiy 2, I don’t think I’ve even shot my M3 or Huntsman Revere.

Reactions: SHOMER and DaveSa
I had trouble with mine has to replace sear and trigger

C2CFF093-5D91-471F-966C-FB6CCBF23849.jpeg

7C2E9399-481C-4248-B744-10CAE67F4A7E.jpeg

I would go the Edgun route if you can. If you can't afford that, I would pick up an AEA.

Another thought: the accuracy of semi autos is far worse than a single shot bolt action, so being that it is your first airgun you might consider the affordable to begin with and save up for something like a Kalibrgun Cricket or a Taipan later.

Here is something: https://www.thepelletshop.com/colle...eries-ss-semi-auto-pistol-with-foldable-stock
The AEA does have a couple advantages over the Edgun. 1) It can be fired with the stock folded and 2) It can be converted to bolt action. I have the AEA HP SS .30 but would like to get a Leshiy 2 someday. A bit out of my current price range right now.

The AEAs have a few issues. I owned a basic aea hpss in 25 caliber. It did fine for quite a while and then it had a trigger issue. The dealer couldn't figure it out and get it resolved after sending it to him a couple times and sent me another one. The second one had the same problem. So I got my money back and went with an AE HP SS plus. I've only shot about 100 rounds through it so far. Aea is knowledgeable of their trigger problems and are working to fix it. I'm happy with mine. I can shoot a 1 inch group at 40 yards with a red dot sight on a bench. True, you get what you pay for and aea guns are made in China. So it's all something to consider.
You get a lot of power in a small package for a decent price. All air guns have their quirks. AEA's quirks are known and easily remedied. I like to tinker and I'm mechanically inclined, so I get a kick out of my AEA HP SS .30 😁.

I personally wouldn't recommend a semi-auto as a first PCP airgun to anyone who asked me. They can be fun, kind of a novelty unless you are pretty much only using it to hunt and really need a quick follow-up shot.

But as compared to a non-semi-auto PCP, their triggers usually aren't great, and accuracy will suffer. And they can be frustrating to keep running smoothly. Until you get up into a Huben K1 or some others in that price range, I haven't heard many great things about semi-autos.

Get some trigger time with a gun you need to cock. Many can still be pretty quick shooting. And then decide if you really want to get into the novelty of a semi-auto.
My first was a refurbished Hatsan Bullboss .25 that I got from HatsanUSA. It's a nice beginner that you can beat up and tinker with to get into the swing of things. First thing I did with mine was to disable the automatic safety and make it manual. They are accurate, reliable and easy to work on.

i think this may be pretty much spot on, depending on your current level of shooting and what else you might shoot.
if you are used to a heavy trigger, you might not have that much issue with something like a leshiy 2, but imho, the trigger is pretty bad for precision shooting. luckily, i have shot a 10lb da/sa trigger for over 30 years, so the somewhat awkward trigger was not a huge issue.
as for needing a semi, i only intend to own one air rifle (lol) so i can't work my way up. (i never sell anything. buy one, cry once).

not trying to convince you to buy one, but 8 shots in a couple seconds is pretty fun, and this was my first time behind the rifle.
The AEA HP SS is semi auto but is easily converted to bolt action. I have the .30 non plus version with the 8" barrel. Should have got the plus for the 10" barrel. If you like to tinker, it's a fun gun to have.