• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Semi auto for coyotes

Lot of options at less cost that will kill coyotes. Semi-Auto is nice but certainly not a must.
😭 almost $3000. Guess I'll be saving for awhile.
lets narrow this up a little bit
1) what’s your budget?
2) what is the max yardage you plan on shooting coyotes at?
3)is Semi-auto a must have?

😭 almost $3000. Guess I'll be saving for awhile.

@LndscpeGrdnr You’ve received good advice on the cost of a quality semi-auto. The Benjamin Bulldog M357 is a great alternative. You can save for a while to get a good semi or learn to make your first shot count with other alternatives.

Lot of options at less cost that will kill coyotes. Semi-Auto is nice but certainly not a must.

lets narrow this up a little bit
1) what’s your budget?
2) what is the max yardage you plan on shooting coyotes at?
3)is Semi-auto a must have?
1. Upto $1750
2. 75ish max
3. Semi auto would be ideal because it's not uncommon for more than one coyote to come in to a call

@LndscpeGrdnr You’ve received good advice on the cost of a quality semi-auto. The Benjamin Bulldog M357 is a great alternative. You can save for a while to get a good semi or learn to make your first shot count with other alternatives.
Yes, excellent information, and I appreciate it. I think it would definitely be worth saving up for the Rattler. It's not uncommon for more than one coyote to come into a call so a quick second shot would be ideal.

Prophetgandas advice was good - 100fpe from a 25cal Huben. $1800 new.

So many variables in hunting coyotes, are you planning to mainly go for Heart/Lung shots or brain shots ?

If your game is the body shot then I would definitely go up in caliber and use a .357 minimum ( of course .30 and .25 will do but I would rather have a larger wound channel and more juice behind the round ) if you planning brain shots then you can have smaller calibers but I would go for the most accurate gun possible.

A nice sidelever will do too, remember that you still gonna need time to line up the next shot so you will need time I don't think a semi would be that much more help in that situation.