Selling out of conus yes or no?

A few years ago when I used to design/fabricate/sell high end tattoo equipment, I'd sell/ship out of conus. 
I shipped to licensed artists/shops world wide. [Not airguns but oddly also regulated items in some countries]
It's not a pain at all, it just takes a few extra steps. I always used USPS. Other than the usual shipping info, 
you also have to fill out a customs declaration form - stating contents, values, their address again, etc. 
That's the form that lets the item leave the US and forward to whatever country/destination.
Also, sometimes you have to get a bit 'creative' when describing items - to get them to go through.
In my case - Ex: "Tattoo Equipment" = Fail. vs "Electronic motor art pen w/ power supply" = Pass.
Now a days, I don't even know what I'd do for airguns.. Probably just not chance it unfortunately..

Common issues are always going to be with the different country's laws/restrictions.. 
These things must be known by both parties: buyer/seller [or there will be issues]
If a prohibited item hits a country that doesn't allow it, their customs will hold and/or confiscate.
Also, certain places also have to deal with additional fees.. tariff / tax
In that case, their customs will hold and notify them and it's their responsibility to pay the fees.. 

Customs can be hit/miss with certain things, so always find that info out in advance.. 
That's save a lot of time, money, and frustrations.

Payments - Back then, PayPal used to be a good [and safe] option for both buyer and seller..
I'm not sure about that now a days.. I did get scammed once.
An otherwise trouble free transaction ended up as: The shop contracted some items, 
they were built, paid for, sent, received, and then the payment was put on hold, and 'refunded'.
$500ish dollars out of my pocket, and they kept everything. USPS didn't help out either.
This is another reason that no matter what, I try to fully insure, track, and require a signature. 

Countless other international transactions were made with no issues at all.

So there's just a few things to think about when thinking about doing something like this.
Hopefully that helps a little to understand the process.

🙂👍

Sam -

DirtyDovy I greatly appreciate the information Sir. I recently had an air rifle up for sale and I didn't think to say I would only sell in the continental US so a gentleman emailed me quite a few times with interest in the gun. he wanted to also purchase a scope with the gun at the same time, we agreed on the price he asked for my PayPal address then in the very next email he started asking questions about shipping that kind of didn't make sense to me so I asked where he was from. I felt like there was something a little off with the communication as it was so in the next email I get I'm told that he had already sent the money and lives in Hawaii LOL. I explained that I wasn't comfortable shipping to Hawaii and that I would refund his money that cost me I don't know 10 or $15. The gentleman was upset but I told him why were you not upfront with the fact that you lived in Hawaii from the start and I would have explained I wasn't comfortable sending it there. So yesterday I received a refund back from him, apparently because I did not use the return option from the original sale so it cost me more money and the gentleman is not happy. After hearing what you have to say I probably made the right decision and definitely need to make sure I specify not shipping or the continental US. I appreciate the information thank you.

Hawaii is still the United States, no Customs form should be needed. Shipping cost is probably higher, but there should not be anything additional needed. I have shipped a couple air guns to Guam (a US Territory) with no issues at all. With the air guns I shipped to Guam, I sent him the dimensions of the box and weight and he sent me a prepaid USPS label I printed, stuck on the box and dropped at the P.O. He had no problem with that set-up and received it within the week of me shipping it. Easy peasy! 

Aloha,

So I grew up and still live in Hawaii (Big Island) we/I all know that living here would have to pay for the extra cost shipping to Hawaii. I have bought several guns or accessories from members on this forum and when I look to buy something, if the seller does not state CONUS shipping in his listing, I would think he has included the cost to ship to Hawaii. I have bought something and the seller would message me “oh I didn’t know you lived in Hawaii” I know that shipping is higher so I would tell the seller I would split the shipping with him, but that’s just me. When I sell something I always check to see what it would cost me and include it in the price. I know that USPS is the cheapest to and from Hawaii.

Bottom line is communication between the seller and buyer is the key to making everything go smoothly. 

Aloha, Keone

I appreciate all the info. unfortunately communication was not good in this particular situation I think that was a lot of the problem. Mostly my fault for not marking conus on the listing but if the gentleman would have explained to me where he lived and that he did this all the time I could have researched it a little bit and found out that from what you guys are saying not a big deal. live and learn I guess but I do appreciate the information thank you much.

I personally do not foresee any problem at all shipping to Hawaii but do always list my stuff as conus only. I will probably be doing a deal very soon in shipping over there to Oahu and will post up how everything goes in the feedback so all can see. 👍 Maybe this will help our brothers over there out a little bit haha😁

Scott in NC 😉

For the simple fact of what I stated above and no other reason but to inform some who may not be aware of it like Myself haha. My deals with shipping to Hawaii were no different at all than any other Conus lower 48 deal I have ever done. haha The shipping to me was sent over night express and my shipping over there was 3 day delivery and all have been dreamy haha. 

So from what I have learned about it I will now have to include conus lower 48 and Hawaii as my will ship to's in my classified adds 😂 for Me. Anyway and any others who have not done these deals outside of the normal conus haha. We can if we chose too include Hawaii in (((My shallow minded and inexperienced self 😅) Just making fun of myself here please do not take offense at all to that)) classified listings lol . I am sorry I was not aware of this sooner it is on Me 😊👊

I just wanted to share my recent deals in hopes to inform and not offend anyone ! in short it was the same as any other deal, and I have a new and trust worthy person I feel comfortable with dealing with. I wish you all a wonderful evening.

Scott😁