• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Selling off Powder Burners

I sold mine off because I had too many to use. All I could see was cash to use for something else. I am not a collector so it only hurt for a while.
No real regrets. It do still have a serious need for small pistol primers.

I am at a good place with the number of airguns. Not many, and hard to buy more without violation of my redundancy guidelines.

I do still need a light, small 12-18fpe somthin.

They may well be worth their weight in gold soon.
Yes the Ammunition said gun uses .... as they further get primers, powder & bullets way out there in price ... gold by weight may become less expensive.
as to any firearm ... w/o ammunition it is just a worthless machine.
Tho same said for PELLETS / SLUGS ... air we have, resealing PCP's or springs etc is far more sustainable.

Reactions: qball
Does anyone sell off some of their powder burners to finance air rifles? Im just not into it like I was. shooting and hunting has been a passion all my life but now that I’m older I’ve slowed down a lot. I saw the other thread about getting out of air gunning while I’m just getting started I’ll probably get rid of a few center fires that I don’t shoot any more and start buying pellet guns
I'd say it totally depends on your parnoia levels. If you think that things will be wonderful forever then go for it. Or if you think things are going to be in the toilet before they get better, what do you want in your hand?

Reactions: kanmotexacal
Does anyone sell off some of their powder burners to finance air rifles? Im just not into it like I was. shooting and hunting has been a passion all my life but now that I’m older I’ve slowed down a lot. I saw the other thread about getting out of air gunning while I’m just getting started I’ll probably get rid of a few center fires that I don’t shoot any more and start buying pellet guns
My air rifles are by far the most expensive guns I own I would have no problem selling off centerfires to buy more air

Unless I just needed the money or disliked the gun I wouldn't sell. Given the past ammunition shortages caused by panic buying having air powered guns to use could be a very smart thing. Of course I think of things from my viewpoint, I don't have large numbers of firearms or airguns so there's no desire to sell or trade away any surplus of such. If a person does have large amounts of money tied up in things that are never used it might be best to sell.

Reactions: HogKiller
Unless I just needed the money or disliked the gun I wouldn't sell. Given the past ammunition shortages caused by panic buying having air powered guns to use could be a very smart thing. Of course I think of things from my viewpoint, I don't have large numbers of firearms or airguns so there's no desire to sell or trade away any surplus of such. If a person does have large amounts of money tied up in things that are never used it might be best to sell.
My philosophy is the right tool for the job, airguns for small snacks or to dissuade much larger vermin, before moving on to something to impress the larger vermin that it was a very bad idea to be there.