• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Self sealing targets

Just picked up 2 self sealing targets one is 5.5 inches Prairie dog and the other a dual Gong 2.5 inch and 2.75 inch. Shooting at 25-50 yards they work great only $12.99 each.
F74ED90E-393E-4018-A848-EC999831645A.1609612629.jpeg

I get various ones, Do-all and others... they all are too thick to allow .177 and some .22's to pass through. I never shoot them in that (original) form. So I cut them in half, the long way. It's a bit tricky, dremel, hack saw, jig saw.... all work sort of. Best yet is a cheap band saw, but still some hack saw work. All together, takes about 20 minutes, and you have to alternate sides (cut the top one on the front side and the bottom on the back) to maintain balance and good spin. Some one might try a hot wire. I saved the off cuts, but not sure yet what I"m going to do with them, maybe I can glue or plastic weld them up and make some more.

Once done, they provide years of silent spinner shooting and never had a bounce back. Still I'd keep them at least 20 yards away. After about 3 or 4 years in the snow and rain, they get a bit crumbly. Time for a new one. Wife hooks me up about every other Xmas. I love them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BD574XM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Regards,

John