Sekhmet Programmer? What is it?

Well I have this device and tried it on 2 computers today on Windows 10 and 7. I really want the update to 5.5!, Well nether one worked like the example in the video. The first problem is getting windows to see the USB device on a COM port. That problem I was able to work out. The second problem is getting the software to use it and make the settings correct. that is where I'm at now. I sent an Email with some screen shots to [email protected] I will post with what they have to say. I hope there support is up to the task. If I get this working I will post a How 2. 

Regards Mike

Well I have this device and tried it on 2 computers today on Windows 10 and 7. I really want the update to 5.5!, Well nether one worked like the example in the video. The first problem is getting windows to see the USB device on a COM port. That problem I was able to work out. The second problem is getting the software to use it and make the settings correct. that is where I'm at now. I sent an Email with some screen shots to [email protected] I will post with what they have to say. I hope there support is up to the task. If I get this working I will post a How 2. 

Regards Mike

Use USB 2.0 ports, it seems ftdi devices don't get along with USB 3.0 ports.

So I really have no idea about the programmer, digital gauges or know much about the guns you all are putting them on, but some of what you all describe sounds identical to issues ive had when building and coding embedded devices, PIC programmers, microcontrollers etc., and this programmer device you are discussing is really no different under the hood. An externally powered USB hub solved my issues and what I would suggest to try. In fact I abandoned powering any of my devices from PC usb ports altogether. The underlying problem is how the host reads the power requirements in its descriptor when enumerating devices. USB device and USB power supply requirements are vastly different and can consume more than a unit of load initially, telling the host there is too much power needed and thus refusing the connection. Thats about as simple as I can explain it, but a powered USB hub makes it a non issue. Hope it helps. 

bbb.1636396513.jpeg

Cosmic, thanks for this. I've done a lot of firmware updates to various devices, but this one had me pulling out my hair. 

Even though the AVRDUDES program was properly set up, I was still having issues communicating with the hardware programmer. Tried 2 different micro USB cables, 3 different computers, different ports, different port speeds, and reduced the FIFO buffers to try to get the programmer to sync.

After several emails to Sekhmet, Fred Lee suggested going to a *higher* port speed (57600), which finally worked.

Thanks to Fred Lee for his prompt email responses over the weekend!