SEKHMET Digital Gauge review - A+

I got the 1/8 BSPP in stainless steel for my Leshiy Classic and finally had some time to install it on Thursday. So far, I'm really liking it. I kept messing with the functions and since yesterday, I now understand how to get to each setting to make the adjustments I need. The only thing I need to figure out is the "Shots Left" once the Pressure Minimum (P Minimum) is set. I'm not sure if I need to let the pressure equalize first and then do a whole shot string for it to read accurately.

I had no problem fitting it to my Leshiy Classic tube. When I first installed it, I still had more threads to turn to have it aligned right side up. I put a thin o-ring around the gauge threads to help it align properly but it was still tight. I think I need a thinner o-ring so I don't have to overtighten the gauge. A word of advice. Don't use channel lock style pliers like the Knipex brand that I used that applies pressure to the gauge housing. 

Use an open box/spanner or large crescent wrench to tighten it. When I used the Knipex pliers, the gauge screen cover started to flex and I had a small crack on the screen towards the bottom. My dumb ass mistake because I was in a rush and it was the nearest tool to me. I only had one day off and I wanted to install the gauge, mess with it, and do some tuning on my Leshiy.

If you install the gauge and run out of threads to time it properly, the gauge has a "Rotate Screen" feature so if it's upside down, you can use this feature to show the readings right side up. The only thing is that the buttons will be the other way around but now that I understand how the gauge works, it shouldn't be a problem and it's easy to use. The "Rotate Screen" feature only rotates vertically (Up or down). I wish it could rotate in 1/4 increments at the minimum so the gauge doesn't have to be overnighted or loose when you're trying to time the threads. If you want to protect the gauge from scratches when placing the stock on hard surfaces, you can loosen the Leshiy stock and slide it out a little to protect it. So far, I'm digging this gauge. I'll post some pics later when I get a chance.

Sorry I kind of started having flashbacks of the guys at jiffylube over tightening drain plugs.

You basically do not need the gauges that tight! When you let out the air you should not have to use a tool to loosen gauge. At most two hands on the gauge to remove with no air in system. The o-ring does all the work and the air pressure keeps the gauge tight! If you do not believe, try to loosen the gauge once you air up the gun. There are more leaks and torn o-rings from over tightening than under-tightenting. 

Just an update on the SEKHMET gauges...

Fred (from SEKHMET) emailed me today and said that the USB downloader is in production and will be a free downloader for all buyers before 2021. He estimated it will be available before Christmas. Currently we are all on different firmware versions so we will all benefit from this. His latest update will be focusing on firing count accuracy.

He also mentioned that a new 35mm gauge will be available in January of 2021, it's one-third smaller than the 28mm gauge is. That should be interesting! 😁

He also wanted me to pass on a thanks to everyone that helped him test these new gauges!

-Dave

Just an update on the SEKHMET gauges...

Fred (from SEKHMET) emailed me today and said that the USB downloader is in production and will be a free downloader for all buyers before 2021. He estimated it will be available before Christmas. Currently we are all on different firmware versions so we will all benefit from this. His latest update will be focusing on firing count accuracy.

He also mentioned that a new 35mm gauge will be available in January of 2021, it's one-third smaller than the 28mm gauge is. That should be interesting!
1f601.svg

He also wanted me to pass on a thanks to everyone that helped him test these new gauges!

-Dave

That's good to hear. Hopefully the downloader fixes the "Shots Left" and "BAR used per Shot". That's the only issues I have with mine. I also can't find the temperature like it shows in some of the photos on the website. For some reason when I purchased the gauge, I thought that I would be receiving the most up to date version of the gauge.

@peskadot671 - You probably did receive the most up to date version of the gauge at the time it was shipped. The folks at Sekhmet though are constantly trying to make it better. hence the need for the firmware updater. Those of us that tested many versions of the gauges are still on different versions of the firmware. I look forward to the updater so I can get some of the original gauges I tested on the latest and greatest firmware! -Dave

@peskadot671 - You probably did receive the most up to date version of the gauge at the time it was shipped. The folks at Sekhmet though are constantly trying to make it better. hence the need for the firmware updater. Those of us that tested many versions of the gauges are still on different versions of the firmware. I look forward to the updater so I can get some of the original gauges I tested on the latest and greatest firmware! -Dave

Thank you. I'll be looking out for it. 

It's sad to say but I also had a bad experience with them. The first order I placed with them went fine. The second order I placed in January of this year didn't go so well. I placed an order for another 1/8 BSPP but when I received the order confirmation, it showed that I ordered a M10*1 thread pattern. I immediately emailed them about the correction but received no response. I followed up with another email and same thing. No response. 

I also tried calling but it never went through. I finally received the gauge and sure enough, it was the wrong one. They need better customer service! Don't get me wrong. The gauge is good but they need to work on CS. So now I have a gauge that's just sitting in the corner collecting dust because I don't have any airguns that accept the thread pattern. I know SPAW is a dealer and I would suggest ordering it from them in case any problems arise. Does anyone know if there are other US dealers for Sekhmet?

Well...this is not a good thing for anyone in business not to respond. Especially, for a new small business that specializes in a couple of items only in a hobby that has its largest audience on this forum. 

If they do not answer their email listed on their website(?) and the ones provided here by some of us...I do not see a lot of excuses left. Either they are going out of business or something is wrong with their communications. 

Maybe try to leave a feedback at the "Dealer and Manufacturer" section.