Seeking the loudest PCP available

Don't understand...no ones mentioned power output...

Most ANY..."short barrel gun" that can have its "power turned up to 900/1000+fps", that's turned/tuned up to its maximum power capability.
Remove any items that quiet the output.
The shroud, in many cases, on its own, does not hamper the sound any with the suppressor removed. But yeah, if it has baffle inside of it...remove them !

Go pound the air.

Mike

Reactions: delooper
As MikeVV says, anything short-barreled that has a threaded barrel to allow for a muzzle brake, and the gun needs to be tunable so that you can shoot near the speed of sound.

I suppose you don't need a muzzle break if you're only trying to get the noise down-range.

If you want to maximize the noise downrange, then you could add a little parabolic reflector to the end of your muzzle. You'd have to make it yourself, but I imagine it would ensure the noise downrange is shocking.

Last edited:
Hello, I have a unique use case that requires the loudest PCP I can acquire in either .177 or .22 caliber. I am looking for a PCP which will emit the loudest audibly heard report when fired with a pellet in the chamber. Thank you in advance!
FX crown with a old smooth twist barrel is extremely loud, no shroud, no moderator. Of course the shorter the barrel the louder. I believe an air force condor with no shroud and short barrel would be super loud. Or maybe one of those Korean lever actions? Can't recall the name at the moment. Career? I think that was the name. I have a 25 cal pistol with 9" barrel that does 925fps and it is an absolute cannon. Ridiculously loud.

Reactions: LMNOP