• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Seeking the loudest PCP available

Hello, I have a unique use case that requires the loudest PCP I can acquire in either .177 or .22 caliber. I am looking for a PCP which will emit the loudest audibly heard report when fired with a pellet in the chamber. Thank you in advance!
The shorter the barrel the louder it is, especially if you've got the pressure cranked up to say 120 bar.

Reactions: LMNOP
Don't understand...no ones mentioned power output...

Most ANY..."short barrel gun" that can have its "power turned up to 900/1000+fps", that's turned/tuned up to its maximum power capability.
Remove any items that quiet the output.
The shroud, in many cases, on its own, does not hamper the sound any with the suppressor removed. But yeah, if it has baffle inside of it...remove them !

Go pound the air.

Mike
In my experience the shroud alone can impact noise greatly. Even with no baffles. Case being my short barreled crown. Massive difference without the shroud. The exit bore is pretty large. Maybe 9mm or so? And superlight barrels have no stripper or baffles

• Haha
Reactions: HogKiller
Definitely a 30 cal Leshiy 2 in a puck flying event with no magazine. I'd estimate the hearing damage is equal to a short barrel NAA mini revolver in 22 mag. DON'T try this at home! Both events were unexpected however the NAA was discharged intentionally and was successful in terminating the rattlesnake.

Hatsan's short barrel Jet has a sharp, ear ringing crack. It's more annoying than my 30 cal Leshiy with the 250mm barrel. Mine's a tack driver and it's dirt cheap.

Why does it matter??? If it's your first PCP save the cash and just use your 22LR and shoot subs to make noise... Or 22 bird shot rounds in a old revolver pistol... Or just buy some firecrackers...
It is not my first PCP, I own and have owned many:
  • Gamo Urban
  • Brocock Concept Lite
  • Brocock Commander
  • Daystate Pulsar
  • Daystate Renegade
Thanks!

Reactions: Jasonmc
It is not my first PCP, I own and have owned many:
  • Gamo Urban
  • Brocock Concept Lite
  • Brocock Commander
  • Daystate Pulsar
  • Daystate Renegade
Thanks!
I reckon it's not your first.. 🙂 the loudest PCPs ( to me, that I have personal experience with) is the career air rifles and my Sam Yang 45cal... Those no doubt got on heck of a pop!

Reactions: LMNOP