• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Seeking info on your shooting position and technique

I'm pretty sure you guys are not shooting these long range groups off hand. What are you shooting off of? Care to share pics of your setup, or any info you'd like to share about your technique, or shooting position?

I'm planning to build a not-exactly-portable shooting table soon. Something similar to this, but with no attached bench to sit on (image swiped from google search results):

Wooden-Shooting-Bench-Plan-.1635372088.jpg

nah anything past 100 you basically need several hundred dollars worth of fixtures to hold it and a fricken golf cart if you dont want to hike a mile 50btimes ba k and forth to go set up and check targets lol .. but yeah, long shots you basically immobilize the gun from movement, it can be as simple as rolled up towels .. but that doesnt slake the sniper tendencies good enough for most of us lol ...

I made the exact bench pictured above but made a bunch of changes because it was so large and heavy. The frame is identical to the plans though. I also did not add the benches. We use old office chairs instead. I used trex decking on top because it’s smooth and weather resistant. I’m a lefty, one of my sons and I can shoot at the same time comfortably but I should have made it about 6 inches wider. I only have a couple pictures and they’re not the best but here they are.

Stoti

C10BF2F4-F982-41D5-A7CC-7AA94046BD41.1635387758.jpeg
BF8E9AC4-8135-4141-848E-275984566A6B.1635387759.jpeg

Here’s one more pic from the other side.

ED9B405F-0A13-4823-AF1E-1EDEF09FFF5E.1635388104.jpeg

Reactions: golfer70
These are the ones I used but like I said, I took quite a few liberties after the base was built. There are some pictures that give a very good idea how to build this bench. Have a great day.

Stoti

https://myoutdoorplans.com/workshop/free-shooting-bench-plans/

Looks like it wouldn't be too hard to mount some fold down wheels on the 3 legs and make it really easy to move around if necessary. Not making it truly portable, but easier to move around in a relatively small area.

Just thinking out loud... (smile)