• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Seeking Advice: Budget Scope for Springer?

I also would not recommend a Bug Buster. I had one for a couple months on my Prod - a PCP. Wouldn't hold zero. UTG said they would fix it under warranty but did not. I sent it back and they won't respond to inquiries. I think both that scope and UTG are questionable.

I replaced it with a Vantage 2-7 AO which has been completely reliable. I think DesertSilver is right that Hawke does not claim springer capability for Vantage scopes but one source suggested that a lot of people do it without issues. You might want to avoid a Vantage with a wire reticle. The Airmax line is springer rated but is also more money. It has a fancier reticle too but I think I like the simple mil dot of the Vantage line better.

Airmax not vantage. Airmax is for springers vantage is for pcp and pump airguns. I've used a cheap as in unbranded bunbled with a PCP scope on my d48 in.177. they're a known scope killer but mine are mounted in a ZR mount and no problem with scopes dieing. There's also a mount called a damprin (?) Mount that's suppose to do the same thing but have no experience with it.
Hawke vantage is rated up to 12FPE, even on a springer, according to Hawke. Sportsmatch makes the dampa mount, same philosophy as the ZR.