Security in Custom Made

I've been shooting lately and decided to try out again after a few days the D54 .20 Hector Special.

It was sighted in for 105 yards last time I shot it but I wasn't sure if I was to aim dead on or lower: I remembered the lower wire beneath the center wire of the Black Powder Traditions 3-10X meant something for point of aim but I hesitated thinking the lower wire was wrong because a rifle sighted in for 105 yards has a lower point of aim in between range.

BUT the air rifle or regular rifle sighted in for 105 yards can hit at 25-30 yards using the "high" hold to hit the CLOSER target! The arc of the pellet in .20 D54 JSB Heavy hitting at 105 yards in a backyard starts below the line of sight in the Diana Second Generation Zero Recoil Mounts is above bore closer than most Zero Recoil mounts or all made today, yet the trajectory of the Heavy JSB .20 Exact in the D54 Recoilless IS PERFECT for the scope and the shot across a lake!

What I am saying too fast to assimilate into ordered speech is this custom made .20 in a Diana 54 Air King with all the working parts put together by Hector Medina of Diana has become a permanent reliable air rifle to this day sighted in for the ranges I had it in and then lastly to the 105 yard across a lake shots.

It took time to actualize the notion that now it has been sighted in for 105 yards, the Traditions Black Powder 3-10X (discontinued long time ago but hoarded by Hector Medina for perfect glass and integrity of vision) scope hits at 25 yards using the next wire BELOW the centerwire sighted for 105 yards.

Now, there is ANOTHER lower wire in the scope and that accounts for blackpowder endeavors for ranges other than I set. I know the wires (horizontal wires, one vertical to all) can actually help me use this rifle with certain precision with the lower wires and higher wire for OTHER ranges I need to figure out.

I am a "buy the brand new rifle in the box and go from there" guy instead of the one who decides at some point to get a "racehorse" and win on all shots offhand.

At any pellet rifle range offhand against anyone with anything. That's me.

The D54 .20 Hector Special is the strongest .20 manual air rifle than any with consistent accuracy to shoot over 100 yards.

It's a big rifle and heavy compared to an HW50S, but the range it can handle makes it a one for all in all air rifle shooting. If a person is wondering about Custom Tuned (made) the choices are there and there are many who do excellent work!

I had some worry and fret getting the rifle exactly right for me and the airgunsmith which meant a send back to him to adjust. 

Hector adjusted using some different piston and piston lubricant since the D54 in .20 creates plasma instead of hot air which is hotter and burns seals and lubricants trying to do the job to send a ROCKET .20 caliber out the muzzle of the D54 (The D48 is the same mechanism but is not recoilless ergo less accurate).

So it is a rocket rifle, and I do believe any air rifle lover would like to own at least one.

I could only afford one at the time and now it is priceless and the best.

I still enjoy my regular made rifles out of the box which are way too many to list, but I wish everyone a chance to get a custom made or tuned air rifle if they don't already have one!

Kindly,

Reactions: Lewis
Was that a challenge? Any rifle, off hand, any range? Is that what you said?

Ok... Hw does 40 yards sound? Pick out a target PDF and link it here. I trust by off hand you mean standing unsupported?

One ten shot group should do it, I think.

Thats what he said! 

@Fischer you have been called to the line. Let's see it. 

If you need help posting pics you can email them to me and I'll do it for you. 

Maybe we could use the AofA MOA marker for reference 

16262194641151862989884772686411.1626219491.jpg

Was that a challenge? Any rifle, off hand, any range? Is that what you said?

Ok... Hw does 40 yards sound? Pick out a target PDF and link it here. I trust by off hand you mean standing unsupported?

One ten shot group should do it, I think.

I am here in Illinois with my rifles.

I can shoot here or anywhere as long as it is near here and not as far as Arizona where I was in Fort Huachuca with the 504th Signal Battalion (Tactical).

Send somebody here who cares enough to visit the St. Louis area where I can take any rifle and shoot it in my inventory and you can too! 

I am disabled since 2013 for IFOR SFOR in Bosnia in a tactical MP Battalion.

My MOS was 56A and I served throughout Iraq and Afghanistan in Noble Eagle.

Come and visit me and see for yourself.

Posting photos mean nothing to me because many post photos they cannot duplicate in the real world of shooting an air rifle.

An air rifle is always to be shot offhand in my opinion whether PCP Springer Pump Up CO2 or anything. Whatever the powerhouse it must shoot consistently offhand for over many hundreds of rounds without the drop in PCP pressures or the inconsistency of pump ups and CO2. These lesser rifles cannot perform as adequately as a simple HW98 and therefore I scorn them all in favor of the air Spring device whether break barrel or sidelever.

So I post a picture of groups with a rifle: Does that mean I own the groups and the rifle and shot them at the yards said by the photo?

Anybody see an old movie called Rising Sun with Sean Connery?

Ha Ha! All these pictures posted taking up web space prove nothing. Absolutely.

It is with live witnesses we know that our rifles are shown to be accurate.

All of my air rifles are accurate shooting offhand.

Kindly,

So you would post a group you could not duplicate?

You spend quite a lot of time talking about how you rate your own abilities against other shooters. Now you are offered an opportunity to prove your skill and you decline because someone might post a group "they can not duplicate"?

That's awfully convenient. You do realize that it is even easier to simply lie about your skills on a forum than it is to fake a target, right? Personally, I'd rather see a target you faked than wall after wall of BS.

You ever look at what they put in Box #13 on your DD214? 

With all due respect, of course. Chaplain.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.mosdb.com/army/56A/mos/3260/&ved=2ahUKEwi_-dG9jeXxAhWHKM0KHQ60DJIQFjABegQIFhAC&usg=AOvVaw1jfCfWW4wmw09xpZKmwmaJ

You spend quite a lot of time talking about how you rate your own abilities against other shooters. Now you are offered an opportunity to prove your skill and you decline because someone might post a group "they can not duplicate"?

That's awfully convenient. You do realize that it is even easier to simply lie about your skills on a forum than it is to fake a target, right? Personally, I'd rather see a target you faked than wall after wall of BS.

You ever look at what they put in Box #13 on your DD214? 

With all due respect, of course. Chaplain.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.mosdb.com/army/56A/mos/3260/&ved=2ahUKEwi_-dG9jeXxAhWHKM0KHQ60DJIQFjABegQIFhAC&usg=AOvVaw1jfCfWW4wmw09xpZKmwmaJ

Hey there Cornpone!

I just read this and will "click" on the link.

I'll get back to you and kind regards;

CP I don't know what you are saying with an army link to chaplaining in service.

Each ordination is considered for service in the military under that church ordaining the chaplain or priest or minister.

This is done in the Army for those ordained after a full graduate degree (another 4 years like medical school) AFTER 4 years of college that get them into the accredited seminary.

I served from 1991-2013 as Chaplain of the United States Army. 

I have been in FA IN EN MP AR Signal battalions in war. I've been to Haiti Panama Bosnia before you were born.

Kindly,

John

Getting back to the feature movie called Security In Custom Made I committed to another custom made rifle from CCA in .20 using the D54 instead of any other springer I'd want next to "complete" the inventory.

Hector is an Airgunsmith who is better qualified for this .20 D54 than anyone else.

I asked for the simple thing he does, which is take a .20 L/W barrel from long time ago sitting in a box at Diana premade for a series of .20s in the D54 because investors said they'd buy it but didn't in the end for whatever reasons.

Thirty Barrels drilled by L/W were dedicated to 30 D54's and by the time I got into it I bought 27 Von 30 .20 of CCA.

I ordered ANOTHER!

To be tuned to LIGHTER .20 pellets than the HEAVIES the first rifle came tuned for.

I never had a PCP that was as efficient as a Custom Made D54 for .20. One cock after 7 clicks from the bear trap and the pellet goes in and gets closed easily on safe.

The TO6 trigger has a long first stage but stops at the second stage where a slight move sends the pellet downrange so fast in recoilless mode it is over before you know it and the scope registers the shot in the Zero Recoil Mount right where you shot! No confusion about it at all.

Kindly,

CP I don't know what you are saying with an army link to chaplaining in service.

Each ordination is considered for service in the military under that church ordaining the chaplain or priest or minister.

This is done in the Army for those ordained after a full graduate degree (another 4 years like medical school) AFTER 4 years of college that get them into the accredited seminary.

I served from 1991-2013 as Chaplain of the United States Army. 

I have been in FA IN EN MP AR Signal battalions in war. I've been to Haiti Panama Bosnia before you were born.

Kindly,

John

You know, John, being arrogant is not excused by signing a post "Kindly".

The reference to AOC is the correct terminology the ARMY uses to describe a Officer. A Chaplain being an officer does not have an MOS. MOSs are only for enlisted soldiers. Officers in the Army have an AOC not an MOS. What I was saying with the link to the AOC 56A page was that you must have been a Chaplain since you claimed you served as a 56A. So apparently you were a Chaplain. Thanks for being there for the troops.

Now as for "before you were born":

I joined the Army in 1972 that would have had me retiring with twenty years of service one year after you started your service. Unfortunately after eleven years I was injured in the line of duty and received medical retirement. At the time I was an SFC. That was in 1983... EIGHT years before you even started service. They did not send chaplains to the places I went. Since you were in Huachua you will understand when I say that I was INSCOM after I was ASASOD ... so yeah a lot of people here have served, not just you. Some of them did a whole lot harder time than either you or I did.

You seem to have forgotten this?

It was a challenge to stand and deliver on this constant stream of boasting and arrogance. Since you are a Chaplain, I will refer you to 1 COR 13:4-7.

I guess your position is that people should believe whatever you post simply because you said it?

OK ... WELP ... I flagged a couple of posts today wherein you were being called a liar.

You claim you were a Chaplain and then you post claims and assertions which are very difficult to believe. Then when asked you refuse to make any further effort to prove those claims.

Got it... There is a solution for that. I think I will avail myself of it.

With all due respect.

Ok. After 5ish years of being a member here and not posting anything, I feel somewhat compelled to do so now.

First, Fischer, you have managed to alienate yourself across at least 2 different forums with your outlandish claims and opinionated views. As I recall, within one year, you have managed to go from a newbie airgunner to a self-proclaimed expert of all things springer on the other forum. While it was humorous at first, it has now become tedious to read your posts and replies. Please, if you have something to contribute that actually improves the flow of information that might benefit someone, keep it short and simple and accurate.

As to your constant references of military service, no one anywhere has directly or indirectly questioned it. A simple phone call to the Chaplain School at Ft. Jackson would quickly and easily verify such information. What does raise eyebrows is your constant use of it to justify your claims. As a veteran myself, I would ask that you show a modicum of sense about it as your comments reflect badly toward your fellow veterans.

When I see comments, and this leads me to secondly and involves cornpone, no airguns produce "plasma." Why of all things you stated, cornpone didn't pick that to call you on rather than your integrity, I don't know. Even with the port completely sealed off, there isn't enough heat generated to even work as an effective fire piston. Don't believe me, look at the skirt of your pellet and tell me just how melted it is. If plasma was involved, I'm pretty sure it would exit the muzzle as splatter if not as a flat out vapor.

I apologize to the rest of the contributors here for my little rant, but one can only read so much of crap like this before one's head explodes. It is more self serving than providing honest and accurate information usable by all.

Reactions: SteveP-52
Ok. After 5ish years of being a member here and not posting anything, I feel somewhat compelled to do so now.

First, Fischer, you have managed to alienate yourself across at least 2 different forums with your outlandish claims and opinionated views. As I recall, within one year, you have managed to go from a newbie airgunner to a self-proclaimed expert of all things springer on the other forum. While it was humorous at first, it has now become tedious to read your posts and replies. Please, if you have something to contribute that actually improves the flow of information that might benefit someone, keep it short and simple and accurate.

As to your constant references of military service, no one anywhere has directly or indirectly questioned it. A simple phone call to the Chaplain School at Ft. Jackson would quickly and easily verify such information. What does raise eyebrows is your constant use of it to justify your claims. As a veteran myself, I would ask that you show a modicum of sense about it as your comments reflect badly toward your fellow veterans.

When I see comments, and this leads me to secondly and involves cornpone, no airguns produce "plasma." Why of all things you stated, cornpone didn't pick that to call you on rather than your integrity, I don't know. Even with the port completely sealed off, there isn't enough heat generated to even work as an effective fire piston. Don't believe me, look at the skirt of your pellet and tell me just how melted it is. If plasma was involved, I'm pretty sure it would exit the muzzle as splatter if not as a flat out vapor.

I apologize to the rest of the contributors here for my little rant, but one can only read so much of crap like this before one's head explodes. It is more self serving than providing honest and accurate information usable by all.

Wow. Some first post! And that's a great delay before dipping into the thread.

Welcome.

Welcome.

Agree ! I think that was an excellent post !

Welcome.

Agree ! I think that was an excellent post needed to be said.