Second trip

To my newest permission.So when I arrive around 6PM the farmer was still doing chores.He was suppressed to to see me back so soon.We chatted for a bit then I went ratting it was definitely a better night than the first seeing how I was starting to learn the hot spots .None stop shooting for the 4huors I was there.Around 6:30 he found me and we went into his place and he had friend there.They both checked the pellet gun out and couldn’t believe how advanced it was from a red Ryder😂😂Long story short I now a have another new permission not to far from this one.

10CD1754-79DE-4399-8E89-29FE2245F091.jpeg

6078543D-8E47-427B-8742-9226004FF849.jpeg

It cracks me up when I bring out my pellet guns around people who don't realize how advanced they've gotten. Its always "that's a pellet gun?!" Then I proceed to say "they make them in 25, 30, 357...." everyone's eyes bug out in disbelief. Most normies still think a pellet gun won't kill more than birds and squirrels then I show them videos of big game getting dropped by a "BB gun"! :ROFLMAO:

My brother can't get over the tiny groups a 22 or 25 air rifle can do at 75-100 yards. He now wants pcp guns.

Hello All, I was out till 03:15 this am at my vermin spot. Left the house at 12:30 after movie night. I scored on 3 ,but missed 2. I'm now at 60 this year . It is an eye opener for most people when we bring these PCP's out ,as most just can't grasp that an airgun can be used for most hunting /shooting tasks today. I've always referred them to read of Lewis & Clark's journeys for a glimpse of the history of air power.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Hello All, I was out till 03:15 this am at my vermin spot. Left the house at 12:30 after movie night. I scored on 3 ,but missed 2. I'm now at 60 this year . It is an eye opener for most people when we bring these PCP's out ,as most just can't grasp that an airgun can be used for most hunting /shooting tasks today. I've always referred them to read of Lewis & Clark's journeys for a glimpse of the history of air power.
The girandoni rifle has been credited to why they had so much success against the natives. Not because of its power, but because of its mystery and "magic" the natives thought of. L&C would shoot these rifles and show the natives there was no flash no smoke and they were repeating rifles using a 45 or 46 caliber round ball. Held 20 balls in a side tube that when you tilted the rifle up and pushed a hammer on the side it would drop the next ball into the chamber and cock the rifle. Aim and pop! The Air was held in the stock and had a leather seal on the end so when they screwed the stock onto the action it would burst and seal. Think it only had around 500 psi of pressure but the rifle was more than capable of taking game and men at over 100 yards.

Basically the natives seen the rifle and were scared, and L&C told them they hundreds of men with these exact same weapons and would unleash them on their people if they didn't let them pass through and barter. Truth was they only had a handful of these rifles and would've been easily defeated had the natives called their poker face.

Probably the best bluff known to man, it got them all the way across a completely uncharted country with hardly having to engage in war.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1