Second day out with the new Taipan Shorty.

I had this rifle years ago in 25 cal . It looks like they improved the quality of the stock greatly. I used to pop invasive pest bird’s decimating papaya . They eat a hole straight into it . And when I say popped . That’s exactly what it did with 25 cal polymags. The sound was nuts it would literally pop the birds . Big nasty hole in them . I also remember hitting 5 shots in the green sticker of a tic tac container at 100 yards . Very accurate compact rifle . That’s one to hold on to

The stock is hard and durable but the finish is painted on. Is what it is I didnt buy it for a show piece even tho I can for them as if they were.

I had a Veteran Long version and thats what made me get this.

The stock is hard and durable but the finish is painted on. Is what it is I didnt buy it for a show piece even tho I can for them as if they were.

I had a Veteran Long version and thats what made me get this.
Hahah yah my stock in some parts looked like it was carved with a knife . Mine was one of the first versions. I never cared about the stock because the way it was so short and compact and the way it shot damn well made me look past any stock flaws . I did always remember it had nice deep bluing though. I had a lot of fun with that rifle . One of my top I’ve owned . I bet the long version is a beast of a tack driver

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I have the earlier Taipan Mutant short. It has never failed me in any way. Super dependable and extremely accurate from the factory—no need for an upgrade—-I plan to dip or paint the stock for less ugliness! Ha!
Make sure you let us know how that goes! I would love to see that

Reactions: bertman77mk2