• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other SCUBA to GX CS3 connection-Easiest way to hookup?

Howdy folks, I just received a new SCUBA tank from Divers Supply. It came with a Blue Steel 10120 SCUBA valve, with the insert to change to a DIN valve.
Do I need an adapter to change from what looks like a 3/4" NPT connector, or can I leave the DIN fitting in place and use the small 1/4" fitting on the side opposite the valve handle to connect my air line?
If I need an adapter to fit the DIN NPT, what brand is a good one to buy that has a whip and a quick-connect to work with my GX CS3 compressor whip?
Thanks for helping this newbie out!

IMG_3012.png

This is the valve that came installed on my bottle. The center with the green o-ring is easily removed with an Allen Wrench.
i see some transfer valves that appear to replace the scuba valve, and ship with gauges, a whip transfer line and metering valve. Most cost $65 to $85, some in brass and some in steel. Only problem is I need to figure out the thread size of the cylinder, so I’ll call Divers Supply, assuming this style of transfer system is reliable.
1703201638237.png

Last edited: