• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

SCUBA Tank Refill in Australia

Went to fill up my SCUBA tank this afternoon, it seems there have been a few accidents with old/damaaged tanks being refilled. SCUBA tanks now need to be certified every 12 months, regardless of their intended use. We used to get away with filling them for PCP use, but no more. Tried to talk them into filling if I paint or mark my tank no for human use, etc. But no go.

The only ones which will be filled are the carbon fibre tanks, ie. used by fireies, rescue, caving, etc.

So what has changed? It has always been the case that SCUBA tanks here, have to be hydro tested every year. Dive shops are very strict and usually require a ticket proving that a certified dive course has been completed as well unless you can convince them that the cylinder won't be used for diving. Some shops just aren't interested in filling bottles for airgun use anyway. If you want to use an SCBA tank as the firemen use, it will still have to be in test and be ADR approved unless you fill it yourself.