• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scuba tank adequate?

Buy the booster from extreme bigbore or the new Altaros version if theirs are similar as a standalone to use only one low pressure tank such as a SCUBA or when your 4500psi CF tank dips below 2500psi that way you can use the low remaining pressure scuba Or 4500psi CF tank to fill way past that remaining tank pressure all the way down to 1000-1200psi depends on your model and how it's set then still be able to fill the gun to 3000-5000psi using remaining tank pressure of 1200-1500psi.

All other shooters would have needed to refill their 4500psi tanks a long time ago who don't own these neat devices.

They cost around the same price as the large CF SCBA 4500psi tanks anyway.

Altaros may likely be cheaper I have 2 of that brand and just bought a different brand as a portable take a long booster once the tank goes below 2500psi to use the tank all the way down to 1000psi (if I'm lucky or 1200psi if I am not) however can't comment since its still in the mail. 

These boosters are likely to prolong life expectancy for all cheap Chinese tank compressors since you no longer need to fill the huge 4500psi tank that high and just fill to 3000psi max then use the booster to connect to your gun.

This is why I only fill all of my 4500psi CF tanks to 3000psi after getting my second Altaros which is like Mr Hollowpoints old video using 2 tanks one regulated at 125psi and another at 3000psi start.

It's a necessity to keep them Chinese compressors keep on keeping on since you only fill to 3000psi less heat less stress less wear less failure.

Everyone should have a booster IMHO.

After buying the rifle it will be hard to convince the wife to let me buy a carbon tank. So, I have scuba tanks. I’m pretty sure I’m set on getting the Benjamin Bulldog 357.
1. Will my full size tank work?

2. How many fills will I get?

3. What adapter or specific hose do I need to buy?

What part of Florida are you in? Someone might be able to help you with fills if you are close to them. I have a good compressor and would help someone out if they were close.
My quick answer to your question, is probably not. I tried that for a while when I first started and it worked well for a Disco. But when I got a dragon claw .50 it was no longer adequate. A gun with a 2k fill can be sustained off scuba tanks, but it’s hard with a big bore.
Are your tanks 80’s or 100’s or what? I used to use two steel 100’s and they did pretty well when filled to 3600. I’m not too sure 80’s would be all that great unless you’re going to get a booster like Odoyle said. The problem with big bores is they use a lot of air and you need it up in the higher range of the capacity of the tank so you won’t get a lot of fills. 
This hobby gets expensive quickly. People don’t often understand that the support equipment usually equals or exceeds the cost of your first decent gun. 
Plan on getting a used scba tank off eBay, you can find them in hydro if you look and for cheap.

To use your tank, you will need a fill station that matches your valve. Is it a k valve or a din? Most fill stations advertising for pcp use will come with a hose that has a female foster quick concert that should fit your guns fill probe. You might also need to order a male foster fitting to fit your fill probe. I don’t have a bulldog so I’m not sure what it comes with.

Use a fill calculator such as : https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/Tanks/FillCalc.html

Used scuba for years. Why before hand pumps scuba was pretty much it. 

Bulldog & scuba, not really. If you own a "if it's heavy as all get out, it's a Faber" Steel 3,400+psi tank a few fills. If using a 3,000psi tank technically you will get Zero FULL fills.

Bulldog is really a five (or so) shot rifle then re-fill.

IF you can get it filled used scba tanks can be found at the same price as a scuba tank (make sure it's in hydro or you've someone private to fill.). 

Topping off with a $60.00 Vevor hand pump might get you buy???

Not knowing you goal (maybe you need a minimum cal for hunting?) something with a regulator (Gauntlet .25 isnt a bad rig) would at least let you use yout scuba tanks as long as you are above reg psi, just less shots per fill below max.

John

Problem is if you have a 3000psi tank and a rifle that needs a 3000psi fill, then from git go you have 0 fills!!!

A 4500psi tank is a must, then you have to deside when you will switch from store fillings (expensive and they tend to hot fill so you end up with 350-500psi less pressure when cold) to a compressor or booster. Compressors under $2000+ are iffy if they are supposed to pump to 4500psi every time and last for years. A booster on the other hand is slow but dependable and needs a fair to big shop compressor to work at a decent pace. An Altaros booster can be had for some $600 https://www.altaros.cz/en/50-compressors