Scott Tank took gauge off, Stuff inside

No your question are fine

I had a thread with same info and had to many doubters. I deleted it and said forget it. 

I would put the video up but can't figure how to post a video

dyotat100 was kind enough to send me the video a few months ago. It is the same bottle that the still photos above are from. I have attached it below. I hope it can be downloaded and played, I have not tried uploading a video before. It is BIG, right at 25 meg. Chip

download.png

Yes, it works woo hoo!

The white snot is aluminum oxide dissolved in water. The white crust is just straight up aluminum oxide. Both point to quite serious corrosion issues due to water entering the tank, which has literally begun to eat away the aluminum tank inner shell, thus creating the oxide deposits. If anyone ever sees that in their SCBAs, a recertification inspection should happen ASAP. And I doubt it would pass. Time for a new tank.

People underestimate the importance of dry air. It's not just for the health of your guns. It's also critical for the health of your tanks and lines/fittings as well. Invest in dry air, and also routinely inspect your tanks and setup for ANY evidence of moisture. Even the tiniest bit of moisture is a bad sign since it can and will build up over time.

Reactions: d3vnull