Scott tank not go BOOM

I have a used tank that was the big carbon fiber Scott tank, I think 8 L ,, Any way I would fill it up to 4500 , It would leak down to 3000 PSI and stay at that pressure, I changed gages out, Everyone said put in in the bath tub , So I put it in the bath tub,,, No leaks? Filled it back up to 4500 PSI put it in the bath tub, Holy Cow I had leaks every where , Seems the carbon fiber seams were coming loose,, Its just as I thought no boom just leaks.

Mike 

Look up videos of them being shot. Even with a bullet hole, they do not explode. I agree it should be removed from service and/or destroyed. 

I am always much more concerned about the threads on a gun bottle letting go and having a heavy rocket than my SCBA tanks having a catastrophic failure.

Go to 2:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1hrms0i2LU&has_verified=1

Yea, Odoyle it was you that said bathtub , Funny thing is a set it in the corner of my garage and left it for a couple weeks, Stayed steady at 3000 PSI, And no leaks at 3000psi , When I seen the air bubbles I let the air out slowly in the tub I was not going to handle it, It takes a long time to air down a 4500 PSI charged tank. 

The tank had about less than a year to go on the safety date. I think I will check again on that date...

Mike

Look up videos of them being shot. Even with a bullet hole, they do not explode. I agree it should be removed from service and/or destroyed. 

I am always much more concerned about the threads on a gun bottle letting go and having a heavy rocket than my SCBA tanks having a catastrophic failure.

Go to 2:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1hrms0i2LU&has_verified=1

What about the pcp valve letting go at any time and the hammer is the projectile that's pointed right at your face every time you shoulder the gun? Imagine all the folks filling their guns all the way to their higher rated to 300 bar!!!

Why do you think I shoot my lowly cheap 2000psi Maximus the most?

And converting my Hatsan Flash and Vectis PCPs to 2000psi fill guns and bought a 2000psi Crosman Challenger?

I have a used tank that was the big carbon fiber Scott tank, I think 8 L ,, Any way I would fill it up to 4500 , It would leak down to 3000 PSI and stay at that pressure, I changed gages out, Everyone said put in in the bath tub , So I put it in the bath tub,,, No leaks? Filled it back up to 4500 PSI put it in the bath tub, Holy Cow I had leaks every where , Seems the carbon fiber seams were coming loose,, Its just as I thought no boom just leaks.

Mike 

JUST Imagine all the guys with their brand new FX MAVERICKS with their SCRATCHED BOTTLES...