Scoping a Diana 470th-Which Drooper Base, Rings, & Scope?

Hello Everyone,

I just bought a Diana 470th and I am trying to decide which drooper base and rings to get and scope to use. I do not know 100% if it needs a drooper base, but it looks like it will and I would rather have it than not. Plus I will be using weaver rings and need to order those as well. 

Drooper Base-

I have used the UTG base before, but saw the Hawke (and it's adjustability) and it caught my interest. 

Hawke

UTG

Has anyone used the Hawke base? Any good? Does it hold on a magnum springer?

Rings-

I think I am set on using Hawke weaver rings or Burris Signature Zee rings with the inserts. I have the Hawke rings with the UTG drooper base on my Diana 34P and it has never moved. The Burris Signature Zee rings interest me as they claim extra holding ability and that can't hurt with the power of the 470.

Burris Signature Rings

Has anyone used the Burris Signature Zee rings on a springer?

Scope- 

My original plan for a scope was a Bushnell Engage 3-12x42 with a 30mm tube, though I have an SWFA SS 12X and an Optisan EVX 10x44i as well. These other scopes are from PCP guns, but with them being easy on scopes I figure that I should put the toughest scope on the big springer.

Anyone have experience with a Bushnell Engage (30mm tube only) on a magnum springer? I called Bushnell to find out and after the guy put me on hold to ask he came back and said it should hold up to a springer. If not he said they will warranty it. 

I have read that the SWFA SS line is springer rated, though I am awaiting an answer from Optisan about the 10x44i. Anyone use either of these on a springer, particularily a magnum springer?

Thanks for the help!

I have a Diana 350 Magnum, which is known to be tough on mounts and scopes. I use a Beeman single piece 5039 mount (same as Sportsmatch AOP55). It has never moved or lost zero and has more than enough elevation adjustment to handle my 350's droop. It is also adjustable for windage.

I don't have any experience with the 2 scopes you mentioned. Whichever scope you choose, make sure the scope is specifically rated for a spring piston rifle, which usually means the scope lenses are braced from both sides for forward and backward recoil. That is what makes them different than those used on PB's and PCP's. Often people will say that a particular scope can handle an xyz magnum center fire rifle so of course it can handle a BB gun. But, they are missing the point. Several actually.

Good luck and enjoy your new rifle!

I use the RWS lockdown mounts on everything. I am using 2 SWFA SS 20x scopes right now, one on an HW97, and one a BSA Scorpion, I like them so far. Best to assume your rifle will break a scope sooner or later, use one with a warranty. My HW97 broke a Leupold 6.5-20EFR after a couple years. They fixed it under warranty no issues except the 2 month wait. I have moved the Leupold to my SIG ASP20. I finished last years field target season with a Tasco Custom shop 10-40x on my HW97. It won't hold zero any more and I can't get worked on because its obsolete.

Thanks for the replies. I think I will give the Bushnell Engage 3-12x42 a try on my 470. I just got the Burris Signature Zee rings in the mail and I have to say they look very well made. I have a UTG and Hawke droop base coming. The Hawke is backordered and will not be here for a while, but I will be able to get shooting with the UTG base sometime next week. I will post some pictures of my setup once I get it all installed.