• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
This question comes up on a regular basis.

The recoil from a PCP is different to that on a spring (irrespective of whether coiled metal or piston, they are springs) rifle. PCP's recoil to different levels (design/price) but they are normally so low, the exception being big-bore air rifles, that you can get away with inexpensive scopes which would otherwise be quickly broken by most spring rifles.

My primary daytime scope is a Leupold MK IV with TMR reticle , 8-25x. I use a cut out flip up lens cap with a 50 ft focus adapter glued into it. For my night time chores, I shoot a Pulsar N550. 

I had the Leupold laying around from a rifle I no longer shoot. The optics and adjustments are first rate. I also have a Hawke 8-32, a Bushnell 8-32 and a Leupold 6.5-20 EFR with a TMR reticle I had installed. The Hawke is a good scope but the optics get fuzzy past the 25x mark. Also, as compaired to the MK IV, the adjustments are mushy. I like the crispness and repeatability of the Leupold. 

Jamie