• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scopes: your thoughts on Element vs Athlon

Elements is made in China, has no life time warranty like Athlon and has a lot of (CA) purple fringing that clouds your view
You would be happy with the Athlon Argos BTR GEN2 8-34x56 in the $400+ price range
Element has been a follow the leader, don't think for yourself scope for a while and if you have any optic experience you would in time sell it for better glass
Now if you want the best, get real Japanese, German glass like Trijicon, Night Force, Zeiss but expect to pay more then the cost of the airgun rifle
View attachment 271152
View attachment 271153
Element has a no questions asked lifetime warranty. FYI

Now the answer is....WHY?
I have noticed that once you are sure the Helix s dully zeroed, the scope confirm that it is not truth.

After I wrote my previous Message I mounted the Helix on my Wolverine, zero it and, after lunch I will shoot to confirm if, on this time, the scope wants to remain as I left it some minutes ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goldwing
Don't know why things made in China gets a bad rap. First of all, it's American companies who chooses to EXPLOIT China and its workers to bring affordable products for consumption. It's the greed of American companies in the name capitalism to pay as little as possible for material and labor fees to bring affordable products for American consumption while lining the pockets of owners. Don't blame China, blame the COMPANIES who chooses to do business with China.
Wow, what a dim light, this has absolutely nothing to do with quality optics
I could buy a Seagull Watch out of China or a Rolex out of Switzerland and it has noting to do with the US :rolleyes:

I'd ordered a Arkin SH-4 Gen II 34mm tube 6-24 50. They had a sweet deal on the package so...you can NEVER have too many scopes right? Now for some impressions, I've got 3 Elements, A Nexus and two Titians, I'm use to them and the suit my needs. For me the eye box is fine, the clarity is fine, they seem to repeat and not move around. BUT and there is always a BUT it's getting chilly here in the Santa Clara Valley of the Left Coast and the turrets are getting almost impossible to move without some serious leverage on all 3 of them, guns are kept in an unheated garage. Ok, a pain but not a deal breaker...EXCEPT when it's cold and the fine detents are hard to hit. The zoom is tight as well, they made channel locks for a reason??? KIDDING.

Now the Arkin, received it WELL packaged, very well packaged. First thing I wanted to check out was the clarity of the optics, apparently somewhat brighter/clearer than the Elements, more on this when I get it mounted. The turrets....OMG they move easily, not too easily but not sticking either and the detents are huge and POSITIVE. The numbers on the turrets is good enough that the old guy can read them without his glasses, again HUGE. The parallax is 20 yds to wayyyyy out there, 15 would have been nice but...meh. The red illumination is nice, crisp and well aligned. Stay tuned.